Uber confirmed for Business Travel Show debut as half of the Buyers explore options in the sharing economyUber will exhibit at the Business Travel Show later this month for the first time alongside fellow sharing economy suppliers Hailo, Gett, Veeve, JetHunter and Magicevent. The event takes place at Olympia Grand in London from 24-25 February.
The addition of Uber and other mobile transportation apps comes as 48 per cent of travel managers confirmed they are undecided whether sharing economy providers offer a benefit or threat to their travel programme. The remaining 52 per cent are split evenly between the two. The survey of 182 European travel managers was carried out by the Business Travel Show.
The research also showed that one in five travellers are already using sharing economy or private short-term rental listing platforms and 8 per cent of travel managers currently include them in programme. A further 12 per cent plan to introduce them in the next three years and 19 per cent allow travellers to book them independently. Just 13 per cent were adamant that they will not use them in the future.
Sam Cande, group commercial director, Business Travel Show, said: “Yes, buyers are still undecided about the sharing economy, but that doesn’t mean they’re not interested in finding out more about them – we know this because we can see how many appointments buyers are making with our sharing economy suppliers at the show. The suppliers, however, are very sure about the business travel market and are keen to get buyers onside, which is why it’s great to see Uber, for example, at the Business Travel Show.”
Max J Crowley, Uber for Business Lead, said: “Uber is excited about exhibiting at the Business Travel Show for the first time - it’s the perfect platform for us to talk to European buyers about Uber for Business. Business travelers are choosing Uber because of reliability, price, and convenience. Uber for Business launched as a self service platform so that companies of all sizes could gain clear visibility into their Uber usage, while also enabling significant cost savings as compared to the alternatives. Over 50k businesses have enrolled in our first year of operations, and over 40 per cent of business rides are occurring outside of the United States.”