Set to take place in the museum’s IMAX theatre on 17 June 2016, 17 speakers and performers from across science, technology, education and the arts have already been confirmed.
Hosted by broadcaster Lauren Laverne, the afternoon session will feature:
- Social media entrepreneur Steve Bartlett
- Performance poet and writer Francesca Beard
- Product designer and Inventor-in-Residence at the Science Museum Mark Champkins
- Adventurer and mountaineer Dr Sundeep Dhillon
- Oscar and BAFTA-winning visual effects supervisor Paul Franklin
- Musician Natalie Gauci
- BAFTA and Emmy-winning documentary film maker Anthony Geffen
- Presenter and space scientist Professor Lucie Green
- Best-selling author and cosmologist Professor Stephen Hawking (via pre-recorded video)
- Director of The Fair Education Alliance Lewis Iwu
- Award-winning choreographer and creative technologist Laura Kriefman
- Comedian, author and parliamentary candidate Al Murray
- 15 year old Google Science Fair winner Kritin Nithiyanandam
- Neuroscientist and comedian Professor Sophie Scott
- Broadcaster and author Gaia Vince
- Founder of musical duo Public Service Broadcasting J. Wildgoose, Esq.
Tom O'Leary, Licence holder for TEDxLondon and Director of Learning, Science Museum Group said: “The Science Museum is a fitting new venue for TEDxLondon. We are delighted to welcome such a fascinating and varied group of speakers and performers to the stage for what promises to be a thrilling TEDxLondon 2016.”
Further speakers and performers will be announced on tedxlondon.com. Tickets cost £65 (£50 concession tickets are also available) and include all talks and performances, refreshments and access to the TEDxLondon 2016 after-party in the one of the Science Museum’s stunning galleries. Tickets will go on sale from 0900 on Friday 22 April at tedxlondon.com and are limited to two per person.
TEDxLondon 2016 will be live-streamed from the Science Museum, allowing anyone anywhere in the world to enjoy all the talks and performances live via tedxlondon.com. Join the conversation using #TEDxLondon and for regular updates follow TEDxLondon on Twitter and Facebook.
TEDxLondon 2016 has been made possible by the generosity of a number of companies. TEDxLondon would like to thank Citi (Sponsor), Radley Yeldar (Principle Partner), PPHE (Hotel Partner) and Eventbrite (Ticketing Partner) for their support.