In response to the growing demand for ‘like home’ entertainment, Viggo Smart Hotel, a global leader in hotel guest engagement solutions has debuted its most advanced, quad-core Android based Smart TV box which turns any hotel in-room TV into a cutting-edge Smart TV.
Measuring in at 71 x 71 x 20mm, this ultra-small, ultra-portable solution doesn’t skip any features, as it offers crystal clear 4K/UHD video at 60 fps video and high-quality audio.
It even comes with an external InfraRed port so it can be mounted behind a TV or hidden away. ￼
Viggo’s Smart TV set-top-box supports UDP multicast and Unicast, and enables hotels to receive TV channels and VOD streams using their existing or future IPTV infrastructure.
Viggo Smart TV solutions saves hotels precious staff time, while increasing new revenue opportunities, as it was designed to facilitate interactions between guests and their hotel's front desk.
Once checked-in, guests can use their mobile devices to play videos, listen to music, stream content from services such as Netflix, and YouTube. Guests can also screen cast their own content straight onto the TV set. Additionally, with Viggo, guests can communicate privately with hotel staff, make reservations, peruse activities in and around the hotel, check travel information, and even order room service, or any special offer.
▪ CPU – AMLogic S905-H
▪ GPU – Mali-450MP Penta Core
▪ Memory – 1GB DDR3 RAM
▪ Internal storage – 8GB eMMC 5.0 Flash memory – Samsung
▪ Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet and Dual Band B/G/N/AC WiFi (external antenna), BT 4.0
▪ Interfaces – HDMI 2.0, Micro SD card slot, USB2.0
▪ OS – Dual boot Android Lollipop 5.1.1 / OpenELEC, Ubuntu optional
▪ Google Widevine Level 1, Microsoft Playready + HDCP
▪ 1080p DRM video streaming Apps such as Netflix.
▪ Dolby and DTS Licences
▪ 10-bit [email protected] HEVC decoding
▪ HD Audio passthrough
▪ External IR adapter to Hide HUB behind a TV, bracket mount available
Jonathan Casif, Viggo Smart Hotel’s CEO had this to share about the launch of Viggo’s Smart TV Solution, “Viggo's hotel Smart TV provides hoteliers with the ability to personalize their entertainment solution and provide their guests with the quality they've come to expect.” He also added that, “Utilizing the Smart TV solution allows global hotel chain and boutique hotels the opportunity to leverage their in-room TVs as a profitable marketing platform.”