Those holding formal positions on the Group have been confirmed as follows:
· Chair James Heappey MP (Conservative)
· Vice Chair Christian Matheson MP (Labour)
· Vice Chair Viscount Waverley (Crossbench)
· Officer Chris Davies MP (Conservative)
· Officer Nigel Huddleston MP (Conservative)
Welcoming the new composition of the APPG, James Heappey MP said:
“I’m delighted to welcome my colleagues onto the APPG and thank them for their enthusiasm and dedication in keeping the events industry on Parliament’s radar. We have a lot of work to do and some challenges to tackle. But my fellow APPG members and I are determined to make sure Parliamentarians keep events of all kinds front of mind in the coming year.”
The cross-party group will play a key part in keeping the events industry high on the Parliamentary agenda. Its formal purpose is:
· To represent the UK events industry in Parliament;
· To highlight the value of the industry;
· To engage with politicians and industry representatives; and
· To ensure that the UK benefits from the success of large internationally prominent events.
PR & Communications agency Davies Tanner continues to provide the official registered secretariat and communications support to the APPG. A new programme of meetings for 2017 is set to be confirmed shortly.