Sleep is a luxury for many people yet it’s a crucial part of everyone’s wellbeing. With several notable sleep-related dates during March, including Sleep Awareness Week (8-14 March), World Sleep Day (13 March) and National Bed Month, Seaham Hall has unveiled a range of restorative sleep options to help induce a good night’s sleep for its guests.
Dedicated to innovation, the historic Georgian country manor has worked closely with its award-winning Serenity Spa – recently nominated for the World Spa and Wellness Awards 2020 and the Professional Beauty Awards 2020 – to find new ways to improve and enhance guest experiences at the hotel.
Recognising the importance of wellness from within, Seaham Hall’s Serenity Spa introduced several holistic therapies in 2019, including hypnotherapy and Mind Calm. Its new focus on sleep enhancement for 2020 is the natural next step in the hotel and spa’s holistic health journey.
Amanda Hardy, Seaham Hall’s Spa Manager, says: “A lack of sleep can be detrimental to both physical and mental health. But sleep, particularly at its deepest and most restorative levels, doesn’t come easily to everyone.
“Looking to further enrich our guests’ experiences, we have developed a series of treatments that will work to enhance a natural deep sleep, together with a new in-room Sleep Menu as part of our turn-down offering.” Re-establish healthy and restful sleep for a truly relaxing escape with the following… NEW: The Sleep Menu Coastal Cosy Up - features:
• Waffle Heat Wrap with seasonal fragrances for natural relief from aches and pains; the soothing scent of Cotswold lavender relieves symptoms of migraines, stress and tension
• Bedtime tray, including Hot Chocolate Stirrer, fresh strawberries and marshmallows
• Light feather pillow combined with a fluffy throw
Mellow Down and Meditate - features:
• Bedtime tray, including herbal tea from the premium Jing Tea range
• Hot bath drawn for you and infused with Ishga Bath Salts, with natural trace minerals and pure Scottish seaweed
• Access to ‘Calm’, an award-winning meditation App that promises to help users to sleep better and to reduce stress and anxiety, alongside Seaham Hall’s expert team’s personal recommendations • Water pillow
Drift Away Deeply - features:
• A digital detox box, to leave digital devices to one side and avoid blue light, as recommended by sleep specialists
• Temple Spa Quietude Calming & Sleep Mist Spray
• Temple Spa Repose – a relaxing aromatherapy face and neck night cream
• Eye pillow with chosen scent
• Memory Foam Pillow
The Sleep Menu is available to all overnight guests.
NEW: Spa Sleep Therapies
Temple Spa Repose Facial: This indulgent aromatherapy facial is infused with a Mediterranean blend of 40 essential oils that will soothe, calm and hydrate the skin whilst relaxing the mind and body. This divine treatment concentrates on releasing tension and stress caused by day-to-day living with a soothing Temple Spa signature face, eye and scalp - plus hand and arm massage - experience. 75 Minutes, £105 per person
Hypnotherapy Well-being Session: Looking at all aspects of a guest’s life and wellbeing which they’d like to improve or change in some way, this hypnotherapy treatment is tailored completely to individual needs, providing a relaxing and comfortable experience that allows you truly to feel at peace. 60 Minutes, £70 per person
Dry Float: The Dry Float treatment cocoons the body in a warm water blanket, which delivers a genuine sense of weightlessness, allowing your mind and body to relax in complete harmony. It will recharge the senses and restore energy, and is claimed to equal eight hours of sleep. 30 Minutes, £45 per person
COMING SOON: Spa Waterbeds
Surround yourself in warmth and comfort in the most nurturing environment - new for 2020, the Serenity Spa is launching waterbeds in its Zen Lounge to enable power-napping and deep relaxation. The benefits of waterbeds include…
• Contours to the exact shape of your body, promoting improved blood circulation
• Warmth and comfort help to relax the muscles whilst relieving tension
• Overall relaxation for the mind, body and soul is induced
• Promotes correct posture, whilst stimulating a feeling of weightlessness
• Beneficial for those with muscular skeletal conditions and chronic pain, and also for expectant mothers
• Assists with relieving anxiety and stress
• Supports the body's overall immune system
To find out more about Seaham Hall’s new Sleep offerings, holistic therapies or its other alternative therapies, visit www.seaham-hall.co.uk
Seaham Hall's new Bloomin’ BB break costs from £195 (two sharing), including one night in a junior suite, a delicious breakfast and full use of the spa, from 12 noon on day of arrival through to 12 noon on day of check out. Valid on stays until 19 June 2020, Sunday to Friday only. Spa menu elements/therapies extra.