The iconic Resort set global firsts when it opened as an all-villa beach retreat that pioneered ‘Modern Bali Style’, blending innovation in design with thoughtful, genuine service. And just as Bali has evolved into a sophisticated, chic destination while continuing the daily rituals and spiritual connections of village life, the Resort embraces its evolution while holding true to the original authenticity that is uniquely Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay.
“When the Resort opened in 1993, it was the world’s first large-scale luxury villa resort and the first to feature plunge pools in every guest villa,” said General Manager Uday Rao. “These physical features have since been imitated, but you can’t copy a feeling. Our guests never wake up and wonder, ‘Where am I?’ They know they’re in Bali and that’s the essence and soul of the Resort and this special island.”
Top Indonesian design firm, Jaya International, was commissioned to enliven the villas’ graceful Balinese aesthetic while creating flexible living spaces that maximise the ocean and sunset views. The dramatic renovation has created completely new products – Deluxe Villas, Premier Ocean Villas and Family Premier Villas – with completely new interiors and landscaping.
Highlights of all three new villa categories include:
• Structural expansion to create more spacious interiors – a 50% bigger Bedroom is now combined with a new indoor Living Room featuring double sliding doors to the garden and pool, offering guests both air-conditioned and outdoor living spaces
• Larger plunge pools, increased by 32% (except for Deluxe Villas where the pool size remains the same as previously)
• Redesigned exteriors to maximise the lofty ocean and sunset views, including a new thatch-roof poolside bale with direct ‘roll-in’ access to the infinity-edged pool, and ironwood sundeck
• The coveted Four Seasons Bed by Simmons to complete the new Bedroom, providing a true sleeping sanctuary with a customisable mattress topper featuring heat-absorption and motion-separation design, and the ultimate in luxury linens, pillows and cloud-like duvets
• All new interiors throughout Bedroom, Living Area and Bathroom, including roofing, furniture, flooring, fittings and soft furnishings
• An extra Children’s Room in the Family Premier Villas, with daybed, trundle bed, 40-inch TV and writing desk to comfortably accommodate 2 children
• All new electronics including 55-inch TV, Bluetooth Soundbar and bedside Media Hub
• New décor and artwork to evoke a warmer, softer aesthetic using natural materials and traditional building forms that reflect the timeless beauty of Balinese architecture