The problem of staying productive whilst working away from home can be tricky to overcome – especially if it is an extended stay and you are missing your family. Although travelling may often be a requirement of the job, it doesn’t have to be such a challenge if you choose the right accommodation for your stay.
Marlin Apartments in London welcomes business travellers from around the globe thanks to its four-star facilities and business-friendly amenities. Here are just five ways in which Marlin’s serviced apartments can help business travellers stay productive:
1. Free (and reliable) Wi-Fi – This is one of the most important amenities to consider when booking business accommodation. 67% of business travellers deem Wi-Fi the most important factor according to a survey by Egencia, and can often mean the difference between a productive day and a wasted day. Beyond business, a reliable broadband connection allows guests to keep in contact with family which will help to alleviate homesickness.
2. Much more space than a hotel – With 1 bedroom apartments around 500 square feet on average, guests have plenty of space to both work and entertain. Cramped conditions or a feeling of being shut-in are often reported as reasons why work productivity suffers, so having room to stretch your legs and a balcony from which you can observe the city would greatly improve mentality.
3. Location, location, location – By staying closer to where you work, you’ll spend as little time as possible on commuting – and that extra half hour in bed makes all the difference! Marlin has properties located in London Bridge, Aldgate, Canary Wharf and the City of London near Bank, making many offices mere walking distance.
4. Corporate assistance and services – From photocopying and printing facilities to personal assistance services, some accommodation providers can give you a helping hand with the little things so guests can put all their focus into their work. Services such as airport transfers and assistance making lunch reservations amongst others can often be made at the concierge – and Marlin’s concierge is there to help 24 hours a day.
5. Full-size kitchen facilities and appliances – The main difference between hotels and services apartments is the presence of a full-sized kitchen, offering guests the home comfort they need. Whilst business travellers can choose to dine in some of the trendiest restaurants and bars in London, with fully-equipped kitchens installed in every apartment, they can prepare their own meals as they would normally at home.
Managing director of Marlin Apartments, Susan Cully, commented: “Business travellers often reveal that they have chosen to stay with us based on how our apartments facilitate productivity. We pride ourselves on ensuring our apartments are business-friendly and we constantly look for new ways to take this one step further.”
Cully continued: “One example follows from a survey that Marlin conducted earlier this year, suggesting that the availability of fast Wi-Fi is now even more important than location. We reacted to this by upgrading our Wi-Fi service to fibre optic at all our properties. We hope that by continuing to listen and respond to feedback, Marlin will see its client retention rate rise even further.”