Coming in October 2015: Europe’s finest ‘medieval’ vintage car rally, sponsored by Corinthia Palace Hotel & SpaMalta’s Grande Dame hotel, Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, will once again be the official sponsor of the Valletta Grand Prix, one of Europe’s finest vintage car rallies hosted on the tiny island of Malta. This year’s Grand Prix, 8-11 October 2015, invites all pre-1976 cars and will feature The Thomas Smith Mellieha Hill Climb, a Concours d’Elegance, practice and timed laps, and the final race on the 2.3km Mdina Circuit.
Founded in 2007, the Valletta Grand Prix has secured its top spot on the international motor calendar, attracting both those fascinated by the mechanics under the cars’ hoods as well as those captivated by Malta’s blue skies as they are reflected in the restored vehicles.
Vintage car aficionados and their graceful old machines, ranging from 1920s Bugatti’s to 1950s Ferraris and Aston Martins, will descend on the Mediterranean island and battle it out wheel to wheel around the ancient city’s winding roads, originally designed for horses and knights in shining armour.
The event will feature hill climbs and a ‘Concourse d’Elegance’, held in the historic main square of Mdina, where the finest local period cars and motorbikes will vie with their foreign visitors for the ultimate crown. And the final climax – Sunday’s final race on the 2.3km Mdina Circuit.
All of this can be enjoyed against a backdrop of Malta’s panoramic views in the island’s temperate climate and October sun, surrounded by vast historical heritage and lavish hotels and restaurants.
Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, as the Mdina Grand Prix’s official hotel partner, will offer a special Mdina Grand Prix 2015 Package, featuring VIP access to the event. Package price starts at £198 per night, and includes:
• Overnight accommodation for two guests in an Executive Room or Executive Suite, for a minimum of 4 nights between 8 and 13 October 2015
• Daily buffet breakfast in the San Anton Suite
• 2 Day VIP Pass for Mdina Grand Prix
• Welcome drink on arrival
• 1 Cocktail per person at the Caprice Lounge
• Full use of the Spa facilities, indoor pool, fitness centre and sauna gardens
• Late check out, subject to availability
• Full overview on: corinthia.com/hotels/malta/palace-hotel-and-spa/offers/entertainment/mdina-grand-prix-2014/
For a Deluxe Room at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa over these dates, rates start at €196 (£140) per night, room only, including tax.