On select 2018 voyages of the all-suite, butler-serviced Silver Wind and Silver Muse, guests can enrich their luxury Caribbean cruise experience with a free shore excursion in every port of call.
Whether it's exploring Antigua's historic English Harbour and Nelson's Dockyard, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, spotting celebrity hideaways in the Grenadines while sailing on a catamaran, or admiring the scenic white-sand beaches of Grand Turk on horseback, these small-group excursions present a destination's history, culture and natural wonders in an intimate and authentic way.
These excursions also provide comfortable transportation and expert local guides. Below are examples of the free shore excursions:
• Nutmeg and Waterfall (St. George's, Grenada): The spice industry in Grenada played an important role in the island's history and development. This half-day excursion explores the spice production process during visits to the Dougaldston Estate, Gouyave Nutmeg Factory and Concord Falls, where nutmeg and cocoa trees grow along the flanks of the hills of the tropical forest.
• Turtles and Snorkeling (Bridgetown, Barbados): Discover the beauty under the sea along the coast of Barbados during this unforgettable snorkelling adventure. This half-day excursion features a relaxing ride aboard a sleek, comfortable catamaran, swimming with turtles, and snorkelling over a shipwreck or coral reef teeming with tropical fish and marine life.
• Botanical Gardens and Suspension Bridge (Fort-de-France, Martinique): Experience the scenic splendour of Martinique during this memorable sightseeing tour. This half-day excursion visits the Balata Church, which offers panoramic views of the city and bay. Next, proceed to the Botanical Gardens where guests can explore the island's flora and fauna via a guided walking tour and the scenic suspension bridge.
"We invite winter travellers to take advantage of this special offer to enjoy a warm-weather luxury cruise to the beautiful islands of the Caribbean, which are ready to welcome our guests with the region's signature warmth and hospitality," said Erin Johnson, Silversea's Head of Marketing, UK and Ireland. "With these carefully selected shore excursions, our guests can immerse themselves deeper in each island's remarkable culture and heritage."
The promotion is available in the UK for new bookings made by 30 November, 2017, and can be combined with a £299 roundtrip economy air fare available on select Caribbean sailings from many cities in the UK. Following is a list of the voyages offering free shore excursions, all of which also feature the £299 roundtrip economy air offer:
• Silver Wind departs 4 February on a 7-day voyage from Fort Lauderdale to San Juan with calls in Grand Turk, Samana, Spanish Town, St. Thomas, and St. Barts. Fares start at £3,200 per guest.
• Silver Wind departs 18 February on a 7-day roundtrip voyage from San Juan with calls in Spanish Town, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Martinique, Antigua, and Jost Van Dyke. Fares start at £3,200 per guest.
• Silver Wind departs 25 February on a 10-day roundtrip voyage from San Juan with calls in Spanish Town, St. Barts, St. Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Guadeloupe, Antigua, and Tortola. Fares start at £3,400 per guest.
• Silver Wind departs 11 March on a 7-day roundtrip voyage from San Juan with calls in Spanish Town, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Barts, and Tortola. Fares start at £2,900 per guest.
• Silver Muse departs 13 March on a 9-day roundtrip voyage from Fort Lauderdale with calls in Cozumel, Belize City, Santo Tomás de Castilla, Roatán Island, and Key West. Early Booking Bonus fares start at £3,500 per guest.
• Silver Muse departs 22 March on a 13-day voyage from Fort Lauderdale to San Juan with calls in Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Kitts, Martinique, Barbados, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua, St. Barts, and St. Thomas. Early Booking Bonus fares start at £4,800 per guest.
• Silver Wind departs 23 March on a 7-day roundtrip voyage from San Juan with calls in St. Barts, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Guadeloupe, and St. Maarten. Early Booking Bonus fares start at £3,700 per guest.
• Silver Wind departs 30 March on a 7-day voyage from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale with calls in St. Barts, Tortola, Samana, Grand Turk, and Key West. Early Booking Bonus fares start at £3,000 per guest.
The free shore excursions are complemented by an array of all-inclusive onboard amenities, including a selection of complimentary wines, premium spirits, speciality coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks; in-suite bar stocked with guests' preferences; in-suite 24-hour dining service; lecture and enrichment programmes; roundtrip transportation into town (in most ports); onboard gratuities (exclusive of spa treatments), and at least one hour of free Wi-Fi per guest, per day.