"We are delighted to feature such an inspiring collection of renowned artists, experts and guest speakers on our voyages," said Barbara Muckermann, Silversea's Chief Marketing Officer.
"Our enrichment programming has always been about offering culturally immersive experiences and unique perspectives, and we believe these carefully curated presentations will both engage and enlighten our guests."
Below is a snapshot of enrichment opportunities:
Based in Milan, Italy, Accademia Teatro alla Scala (La Scala Theatre Academy) is one of the world's foremost performing arts academies. Its internationally renowned performers and instructors offer the highest level of artistic education for aspiring and gifted singers, dancers, and musicians from every corner of the world. Soloists from its Academy of Lyric Opera and a piano accompanist will perform a selection of opera's most beautiful librettos for the enjoyment of Silversea guests aboard three Mediterranean cruises: two aboard Silver Spirit, including a 25 June Rouen-to-Lisbon voyage that will feature the special presence of operatic star Luciana Serra, and a 21 September sailing from Athens to Venice; plus one aboard Silver Muse on 15 July, sailing from Athens to Rome. ￼
Daria Khokhlova and Artemy Belyakov, ballet performers of the State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Russia, one of the world's most renowned ballet companies, are returning to Silversea for exclusive engagements aboard Silver Spirit's 25 August and 3 September Mediterranean voyages. The dance stars, whose wonderful performances have captivated Silver Spirit audiences in recent years, will again appear on stage in the ship's elegant Show Lounge for two performances during each sailing.
Ballet Cruise with L'Opéra de Paris Star
Solo performer Jean-Sébastien Colau of L'Opéra de Paris, one of the world's greatest companies, will treat audiences to his artistry when he and a partner take to the stage aboard Silver Whisper's 16 June Northern Europe voyage and its 23 October sailing from Montreal to New York.
Culinary Arts & Wine Voyages
A collection of speciality voyages highlights the culinary arts with guest chefs and vintners:
• Silver Spirit's 14 June "Champagne Cruise" from Lisbon to Rouen will present special onboard tastings and classes, plus a shore excursion in partnership with Pommery Champagne.
• An 7 October "Tastes of the Mediterranean" cruise aboard Silver Spirit, hosted by guest chefs Umberto Menghi and Michael Jacob, will feature culinary demonstrations, market visits, gala dinners and culinary-focused shore excursions.
• Silver Shadow's 8 October "Relais & Châteaux® Gourmet Cruise" will welcome Relais & Châteaux guest chef Dominique Bouchet, owner of the eponymous restaurant in Tokyo, for gala dinners and cooking demonstrations presented in addition to a L'École de Chefs cooking school programme hosted by David Bilsland, Silversea corporate chef.
• Silver Spirit's 23 October "Wine Cruise" is presented in partnership with Comitato Grandi Cru d'Italia, an association of top Italian winemakers, and the Professional Association of Italian Sommeliers (ASPI). Its wine enrichment programme will spotlight a collection of some of Italy's finest vintages as top sommeliers Gennaro Buono and Giuseppe Vaccarini guide and educate guests in the art of winemaking.
• Silver Explorer's 25 October "Culinary Expedition Voyage" in South America will showcase Peruvian and Chilean guest chefs and regional specialties. Guests will have a chance to prepare their own seafood dishes.
Wellness Expedition Voyages
Silver Discoverer offers wellness-themed programming on a quartet of expedition voyages to Micronesia, Melanesia and Australia, including departures on 4, 18 and 25 October and one on 9 November. Guests enjoy a comprehensive - and complimentary - programme that includes stretching, yoga and pilates classes, daily lectures and cooking demonstrations, gym sessions led by personal trainers using Technogym fitness equipment, and choice of one complimentary spa massage treatment.
Silversea has created a special experience for bridge enthusiasts. On Silver Wind’s 10 November Barcelona-to-Barbados sailing, guests can compete to win prizes in the second Silversea bridge tournament. On this special voyage, featuring American Contract Bridge League life masters Gerald Fox and Steve Smolen, guests can earn ACBL master points, attend seminars, and meet other bridge players from around the world.
For guests seeking to enrich their minds and enjoy a richer travel experience, the Silver Perspectives enrichment programme welcomes destination experts and distinguished guest speakers on board for fascinating lectures and stimulating conversation. Invited speakers include authors, journalists, naturalists, diplomats, professors and other specialists whose topics range from politics and the environment to tribal customs and ancient history.