From a sky-high restaurant cantilevered 16 decks above the ocean to an immersive fusion of technology, animation and dining, Celebrity Cruises has today announced the latest culinary hotspots offered on its transformative new ship, Celebrity Edge, at an official reveal to media partners in New York, there’s lots of exciting news for agents to talk about.
Jo Rzymowska, vice president and managing director UK, Ireland and Asia, Celebrity Cruises, said: “This is such an exciting time for Celebrity Cruises; the culinary reveal marks a significant milestone in the creation of Celebrity Edge. We are known for our incredible culinary offering and have taken inspiration from every corner of the world to create an unparalleled and revolutionary experience for our guests.”
With 29 world-class venues including four main dining restaurants, one exclusive restaurant for Suite Class guests, one exclusive restaurant for AquaClass, seven brand new speciality restaurants, five complimentary dining venues and 11 bars and lounges, guests on Celebrity Edge will embark on a cross-continental culinary journey with more restaurant and bar options than ever before.
“Once again, Celebrity Edge is solidifying, amplifying and adding a superlative on our award-winning culinary experience, allowing our guests to explore the world without ever leaving their table,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and ceo, Celebrity Cruises. “From the amazing destinations we visit globally, to the local ingredients sourced to satisfy the visionary recipes created by our Michelin-starred chef, Cornelius Gallagher, we aim to open up the world to guests through our culinary offering.”
Celebrity Cruises will be bringing the table top to life in partnership with TableMation Studios, featuring Skullmapping’s world famous Le Petit Chef - an animated 3D character who appears right on guest’s plates and prepares each course they’ll be enjoying right before their eyes. As Celebrity Cruises is the very first cruise line to partner with TableMation Studios and Skullmapping, this fusion of entertainment and dining will offer guests an experience like no other at sea.
To keep agents one step ahead, Celebrity Cruises has insured there is plenty of information available on the exciting reveal - watch the live feed on Celebrity Cruises’ trade Facebook page or partake in virtual master classes with trainers Leon Hand and Emma Rigby. Cruising Power UK offers an abundance of information from sample menus to images and an updated Edge guide. There is also a toolkit available with all the branding requirements in one place.
Main dining on Celebrity Edge
Celebrity Cruises has redesigned the main dining experience on Celebrity Edge to include four complimentary restaurants. Each restaurant has a distinctive design and ambience inspired by a specific region of the world. These include signature dishes that are offered across the fleet, which change nightly, and also a selection of dishes that showcase their inspirations.
Together, the main dining menus offer Celebrity Cruises’ largest ever selection of dishes, plus regionally-inspired wines, cocktails and dishes served nowhere else on-board.
• Tuscan Restaurant is a nod to Celebrity Cruises’ much-loved Tuscan Grille. Satisfying even the most insatiable cravings, guests will be able to choose from Italian-inspired dishes, including freshly made pastas.
• Normandie Restaurant is a conceptual cousin of Celebrity Cruises’ French restaurant, Murano, and will be offering French delicacies to guests.
• Cyprus Restaurant is a nod to the Mediterranean and Celebrity Cruises’ Greek heritage, where guests can enjoy flavourful Mediterranean cuisine in the Patricia Urquiola-designed space.
• Cosmopolitan Restaurant – Celebrity Edge will feature new American cuisine at Cosmopolitan, which is already offered on all existing ships.
In addition to the four main dining offerings, Celebrity Edge will be offering five complimentary dining offerings. These include the iconic Oceanview Café, now featuring more live action stations, and Mast Grill, plus three completely new offerings – Grand Plaza Café, The Spa Café and Juice Bar, and Eden Café, offering guests more opportunity to experience the world-class cuisine on-board.
Speciality restaurants on Celebrity Edge
The main dining options offer an incredible range of diverse flavours and experiences, but Celebrity Cruises is expanding on existing culinary expertise on Celebrity Edge by designing six new speciality restaurants.
• Fine Cut Steakhouse will serve up an upscale dining experience for dinner, with service that’s elevated to an art form and premium cuts cooked to guests’ preferences.
• Rooftop Garden Grill will offer guests the chance to try the most mouth-watering backyard BBQs.
• Eden Restaurant is a place where dining is taken to new and exciting places, featuring a lively, open air kitchen and menus. Already previously revealed by Celebrity Cruises, Eden Restaurant will deliver sensory and experiential offerings served by performers known as Edenists
• Raw on 5 offers the best delicacies from the sea and beyond - think the best blend of St. Tropez and New England seafood – and, when visited by the Magic Carpet, becomes a one-of-a-kind al fresco dining adventure with the best views at sea.
• Dinner on the Edge will be provided when the Magic Carpet is positioned at the very top level, becoming an extraordinary and exhilarating experience for guests.
Traditional Dining and Select Dining Plus on Celebrity Edge
With Celebrity Cruises Traditional Dining, guests choose early or late seating, which allows them to enjoy dinner at the same table with the same waiter every evening. With this option, they will be assigned to one of the four main restaurants, while having the ability to experience the others upon request.
Celebrity Cruises has renamed its Select Dining program on Celebrity Edge to ‘ Celebrity Cruises Select Dining Plus’, now allowing guests to dine when and where they’d like to each evening; they can make reservations in any of the four restaurants at the time they wish.
Exclusive dining on Celebrity Edge
Dining on Celebrity Edge is an exclusive affair for Suite Class guests with access to a private restaurant, Luminae at The Retreat, an evolution of the highest-rated restaurant in the Celebrity fleet, designed by visionary Kelly Hoppen.
AquaClass guests will exclusively continue enjoying the clean, crisp flavours of the award-winning Blu, a spa-inspired restaurant.
Bars and lounges on Celebrity Edge
The 11 unique bars and lounges on board Celebrity Edge – including the iconic Martini Bar and the previously revealed Eden Bar – will give guests plenty of opportunities to pull up a chair and raise a glass.
Celebrity Cruises’ award-winning wine list on Celebrity Edge will expand from roughly 350 offerings to 500 in total. The expansion is the result of the brand curating a new ancient world wines list, which will include unique and unexpected sourcing from destinations like Israel, Turkey, and China, as well as more obscure offerings from India and countries in Eastern Europe.
Additional bars and lounges to be featured on Celebrity Edge include: The Retreat Lounge and The Retreat Pool Bar, both exclusive for Suite Class guests; The Theatre Bar; The Casino Bar; The Club; Café Al Bacio, the perfect place to lounge, linger and connect with each other over delicious specialty coffees and complimentary pastries; The Pool Bar and Edge Cabanas; Sunset Bar; and Il Secondo Bacio.
Celebrity Edge will spend her inaugural season sailing alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, before transporting guests to the stunning vistas of the Mediterranean with a range of seven- to 11-night sailings from iconic cities including Barcelona and Rome in 2019. For more information on the culinary offering on Celebrity Edge, visit www.celebritycruises.co.uk/edge-dining.