2019 is set to be the most exciting year in Azamara Club Cruises’ history, as it raises the bar on luxury destination cruising with an amazing array of curated itineraries that includes visiting Alaska for the first time.
Renowned for its unforgettable voyages, in 2019 the boutique cruise line will be adding even more opportunities to delve deeper into destinations such as New Zealand, Croatia, and Norway, so guests can really connect with local cultures and experiences.
2019 highlights include:
• Sailing to Alaska for the first time, with 11 voyages taking in the destination. Each voyage will offer an exceptional variety of Cruise Global, Connect Local land programmes for a truly immersive experience.
• Nine country-intensive voyages; including Japan, where guests will visit 14 individual Japanese ports during their sailing, allowing curious explorers to travel deeper and experience many different destinations of one country in one voyage. Other countries include New Zealand, Mexico (Sea of Cortez), Norway, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Greece.
• The opportunity to attend the Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta, Georgia.
• A memorable itinerary which incorporates the major maritime exhibition L’Armada in Rouen, the 75th anniversary of D-Day in Normandy and an arrival in London.
• An annular solar and lunar eclipse in the Indian Ocean in December 2019.
• Sailing to Canada for the first time, allowing guests to experience Vancouver and Nanaimo, plus a late-night stay in Victoria.
Azamara’s two 690-passenger upmarket ships will visit a record 250 ports worldwide during the year, including 69 countries, 45 maiden calls, 94 overnights and 145 late night stays. Each and every voyage will deliver personalised and authentic shoreside experiences to showcase the destination wonders and local cultures at every port of call.
Expanding to new territories, the launch of Alaskan cruises will open up an extraordinary variety of exciting new experiences to Azamara’s guests. A total of 11 sailings to the region will take place between 25 May and 4 September 2019 with Azamara Quest.
Amongst the highlighted shore excursions offering unique and localised experiences in Alaska are:
• Taste Local - Icy Strait Point: Capture the essence of true Alaskan flavour by experiencing a fresh seafood meal the local way. Indulge in a rustic tasting session with an experienced Alaskan fisherwoman and wilderness chef and discover what sets the region’s seafood apart as you watch an expert filleting demonstration and grill your own catch-of-the-day sample over a custom-made wood grill.
• Adventure Local - Juneau: Embark on a dynamic helicopter ride above Juneau’s mountainous terrain before landing on Mendenhall Glacier for an exhilarating dog-sledding journey with 300 spirited Alaskan huskies.
Land & Sea Experiences
Azamara is also launching its Land & Sea Experiences in Alaska, which offer immersive pre and post-voyage land-based programmes of two to six nights. Options include riverboat cruising, spending time in an Alaskan village for an authentic community gathering, or meeting with friendly Alaskan huskies while learning about the famed Iditarod Dogsled race.
Country intensive sailings
2019 will offer nine country intensive sailings that allow curious explorers to travel deeper and experience the many different destinations of one country. Azamara Quest will take guests to New Zealand and Japan, while country intensive sailings with Azamara Journey include Mexico (Sea of Cortez), Norway, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, and Greece.
Departing 27 April 2019, the 15-night country intensive sailing to Japan will feature calls to Tokyo, Hakodate, Aomori, Akita, Kanazawa, Sakaiminato, Busan, Moji, Hiroshima, Inland Sea of Japan, Kobe, Nagoya, and Shimizu.
Golf local with Perry Golf
Azamara’s highly successful partnership with Perry Golf continues to go from strength-to-strength and eight golf voyages in 2019 will include sailings to The British Open in Portrush and The Masters Tournament in Augusta.
The 2019 golf voyages include:
• New Zealand & Sydney: Azamara Quest, departs 22 January 2019
• Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore & Hong Kong: Azamara Quest, departs 29 March 2019
• USA & Bermuda: Azamara Journey, departs 10 April 2019
• Iberian Peninsula, Lisbon to Barcelona: Azamara Journey, departs 3 May 2019
• The Baltic, Stockholm to Oslo: Azamara Journey, departs 22 June 2019
• The British Open, Edinburgh to London: Azamara Journey, departs 17 July 2019
• Iberian Peninsula, Lisbon to Barcelona: Azamara Journey, departs 5 September 2019
• Arabian Gulf, Dubai roundtrip: Azamara Quest, departs 29 November 2019
Special event and themed voyages
Azamara’s intelligent itinerary planning provides guests with the opportunity to visit a diverse selection of culturally important special events across the globe.
Other world events that have been weaved into Azamara’s 2019 deployment programme include:
• L’Armada 2019, Rouen: Azamara Journey, departs 28 May 2019
• 75th Anniversary of D-Day, Normandy: Azamara Journey, departs 28 May 2019
• Annular solar and lunar eclipse in the Indian Ocean: Azamara Quest, departs 26 December 2019
• In addition to the cruise line’s annual stop at the Monaco Grand Prix in May, F1 fans can also join a sailing that takes in the Spanish Grand Prix as well.
Themed voyages planned for 2019 include:
• California wine cruise round-trip from Los Angeles: Azamara Quest, departs 15 February 2019
• Food and wine cruise featuring three days in Bordeaux: Azamara Journey, departs 27 August 2019
“Our 2019 itineraries span the world with new ports and destinations such as Alaska and go deeper than ever before into local cultures with one-of-a-kind experiences that you can’t find through local tour services. We are confident that our growing number of first-time, millennial and baby boomer cruisers along with repeat customers, will find the new itineraries to offer the type of personalised and unique experiences they seek,” said Larry Pimentel, President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. “With the new itineraries, we are continuing to build upon our Stay Longer, Experience More brand positioning, with more onshore opportunities that allow guests to connect with locals for enriching travel moments, on both land and at sea.”
Azamara’s signature AzAmazing Evenings will continue to offer complimentary, bespoke and locally-immersive entertainment in venues including French chateaux, Caribbean gardens, Spanish forts, Russian ballet halls and Roman amphitheatres. Destination-focused programming onboard further extends opportunities to experience more, and is delivered with the cruise line’s authentic, friendly and personalised service.