Families will be able to take to the seas with Celebrity Cruises and sail from Southampton in the UK to must-see Mediterranean destinations including Florence, Provence and Barcelona during the school holidays in summer 2019. Following exceptional demand for cruises on board Celebrity Silhouette, which will be newly based out of Southampton from 2018, the modern luxury cruise line has added three new itineraries to its 2019 season.
Ideal for families seeking a summer holiday full of fun and lifelong memories, the 14-night Western Mediterranean cruise departs Southampton on 28 July 2019. Celebrity Silhouette will sail around the Iberian Peninsula en route to the warm waters of Southern Europe. Head to Pasteis de Belem in Lisbon to sample, arguably, the best custard tarts in the world, travel back millennia to the time of gladiators and legions in the ancient heart of Rome, and come face to face with Barbary Macaques on the rock of Gibraltar. The 14-day holiday for a family of four starts from £8,516 (based on two adults and two children sharing an Oceanview stateroom).
Celebrity Silhouette will be calling Southampton home from this April and includes fun features for all the family:
• Sit back and relax on the ship’s freshly mown grass lawn with views overlooking the ocean. • While away the hours in The Lawn Club’s exclusive cabanas, The Alcoves, serviced by a dedicated Alcove Attendant for whenever they need a top up or extra bite.
• Guests take charge of the menu and become their party’s “Grill Master” at the Lawn Club Grill. Alongside a Celebrity Cruises chef, guests prepare a menu of the choicest cuts of beef, poultry, seafood and vegetables paired with homemade spices, glazes and rubs over custom-built grills for their table.
• The CelebrityLife grilling and pizza making classes in the Lawn Club Grill are perfect for families.
• The Anturus Explorer Academy on Celebrity Silhouette is one element of Celebrity Cruises’ re-launched Camp at Sea programme that provides children and teenagers with opportunities to uncover the world around them through a series of specially tailored activities. Free for budding adventurers, scientists and explorers on-board, the Anturus Explorer Academy is the ultimate mix of education and entertainment with fantastic science experiences, live demonstrations and fun challenges.
Claire Stirrup, Sales Director UK & Ireland, Celebrity Cruises, comments, “Since announcing the news that Celebrity Silhouette will call Southampton home, the response has been phenomenal with such a buzz among agents. Their support for the Celebrity Cruises brand and enthusiasm for our products made the decision to grow the number of ex-UK itineraries a very simple one. It was key for us that we launched a Mediterranean cruise from the UK to fit with the school holiday dates, to make it an easy sell for agents recommending family-friendly packages to their customers.”
In total, three new itineraries have been added to Celebrity Silhouette’s 2019 Southampton season:
• The 12-night Iceland & Fjords, departing 7 May 2019, starting from £1,979 per person in an Oceanview stateroom, calling at the Channel Islands (UK), Cork (Ireland), Dublin (Ireland), Akureyri (Iceland), Reykjavik (Iceland), and Lerwick (UK) before returning to Southampton.
• The 14-night Scandinavia & Russia cruise, departing 30 June 2019, starting from £2,379 per person in an Oceanview stateroom, calling at Bruges (Zeebrugge, Belgium), Copenhagen (Denmark), Stockholm (Nynashamn, Sweden), Visby (Sweden), Tallinn (Estonia), St Petersburg (Russia), and Berlin (Warnemunde, Germany) before returning to Southampton.
• The 14-night Western Mediterranean cruise departs Southampton on 28 July 2019, starting from £2,479 per person in an Oceanview stateroom calling at Vigo (Spain), Lisbon (Portugal), Rome (Civitavecchia, Italy), Florence/Pisa (Livorno, Italy), Provence (Marseille, France), Barcelona (Spain), and Gibraltar (UK), before returning to Southampton.
In addition to luxury guest accommodations, Celebrity Silhouette boasts designer boutiques, extensive bars and restaurants, Celebrity Cruises boasts the largest and rarest collection of wine at and sea and host of exclusive restaurants on-board all overseen by a Michelin-starred executive chef.
Celebrity Cruises continues to grow and expand its fleet with a new class of ship currently under construction. The first of those ships – Celebrity Edge – will enter service in December 2018.