New, distinct, and unexpected experiences will be offered onboard following the one-of-a-kind revitalisationGuests onboard Celebrity Solstice will soon enjoy even more exciting offerings as the ship undergoes a bold refresh. New features include Celebrity Cruises’ unrivalled “A Taste of Film” experience under the stars, authentic Japanese cuisine at Sushi on Five and a reimagined Photo Gallery, among other exciting new additions.
Celebrity Solstice already turns heads with her beautiful design, so these lavish enhancements will ensure our guests never want to leave,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “When discussions began about what we could do to further enhance the already stunning ‘Solsticized’ ship, we couldn’t think of a better way to delight guests than to offer the multi-sensory A Taste of Film experience, Sushi on Five, the savvy new Art Gallery, and all of the other glimmering finishes. We are offering a truly distinct experience.”
The revitalisation, which is scheduled for late October 2016, will see various enhancements and additions implemented across the ship, including:
A Taste of Film:
• Celebrity Solstice will be the first of the Solstice Class ships to offer the iconic gastronomic adventure, which pairs films that evoke a specific cultural, culinary or destination experience, with cuisine that brings the scenes on the screen to life through guests’ taste buds
◦ A large movie screen will be added to The Lawn Club where the culinary experience will be hosted
◦ Transformative alcove-style cabanas will line the real grass lawn for additional seating and relaxation space. Guests will be able to adjust the cabanas to their preferred view as the spaces evolve throughout the day
Sushi on Five:
• Celebrity Cruises’ hotly anticipated newest dining endeavour will feature an expertly crafted à la carte menu. The new menu, curated by sushi chef Yoshikazu "Yoshi" Okada, offers hand-rolled sushi, fresh tableside grated wasabi, house-made soy sauce, Asian-inspired cocktails, Japanese beers and premium sakes, plus an array of mouth-watering starters and entrées
The revitalisation of Celebrity Solstice will also see the following new distinct additions:
• Celebrity Solstice’s Photo Gallery will receive a full modern luxury makeover, removing the traditional panel display of printed photos:
◦ The new Photo Gallery will include 25 state-of-the-art touch screen kiosks where guests will be able to view their professional photos taken throughout their holiday and purchase a variety of photo formats. This new service allows guests to download their purchased photos direct to their mobile device at any time during their cruise, and instantly share their cruise memories with friends and family back home via social media, email or messaging.
◦ In addition, an expansive Art Gallery will emerge from the current Photo Gallery, featuring a dedicated auction location with contemporary art lining the freshly renovated space
• Suites onboard will have various modern luxury enhancements, including lavish new patio furniture added to suite balconies
Celebrity Solstice is scheduled to enter dry dock in Singapore on 22 October 2016, and will emerge on 31 October 2016. The revitalised ship will arrive just in time for the hotly anticipated transition into Australia’s summer season, featuring a series of jaw-dropping itineraries, including stops in New Zealand, the exotic escape of Indonesia, and to sought-after ports of call across Australia.