Shining a spotlight on the very best talent within the business meetings and events sector, the miaList recognises the individuals who go above and beyond the call of duty, inspire those around them and play an instrumental role in making the organisation they work for so successful.
The short-listed individual nominees are:
• Aislinn Sloan - Hope Street Hotel
• Amy Bramhall - Meet Bristol/Destination Bristol
• Anne Voelkert - Central Hall Westminster
• Anthony Lowe - MEETinLEEDS
• Antonio Andrade - Elite Hotels/Tylney Hall Hotel
• Becky Unwin - Aerospace Bristol
• Catherine Smith - The Grand Hotel and Spa, York
• Christine Clark - Wychwood Park Hotel and Golf Club
• Eleanor Burgess - Ashdown Park Hotel and Country Club
• Grace Norman - Park Plaza Victoria
• Helen Wynn - Carringtons Catering
• Holly Moore - Make Events
• Jenni Ford - Ricoh Arena
• Kelly Moore - The NEC
• Kerry Wright - Lime Venue Portfolio
• Leigh Cowlishaw - Capita Travel and Events
• Leszek Kazmiercsak - Southampton Harbour Hotel and Spa
• Martin Reeves - Classic Lodges Hotels
• Michelle Henry - Harbour Hotels
• Mike Lloyd - Elite Hotels/Tylney Hall Hotel
• Milan Thakrar - Historic Royal Palaces
• Roger Cassell - New Place Hotel
• Steve Crawford - College Court Conference Centre and Hotel
• Vicki Canney - Holiday Inn Taunton
• Viki Sdepanian - Copthorne Tara Hotel
The nominees were assessed by an esteemed panel of industry stalwarts, which included Gill Smillie of Conference Venues Countrywide, Carol Primett of Anglian Water, Rob Flinter of Park Plaza London Riverbank, Mark Gallen of MG Sales Performance, Lacy Curtis-Ward of The Lensbury, Richard O'Riordan of Tower Hotel London and Amanda Thurlow from ACCA. Those shortlisted have been invited to attend a judging lunch in September.
Jane Longhurst, chief executive of the mia, said: “There is a wealth of talented people within our industry who not only ensure events held at their venues run efficiently but also consistently help grow their business and develop their teams. It is often these people that frequently go above and beyond and we are thrilled that the miaList give us the opportunity to recognise and reward them for all their hard work and dedication to the industry.”
Meanwhile, those teams who have collectively made a significant impact on their organisation will be shortlisted by the judges in September and then subject to a public online vote to secure the Team title.
The miaList winners will be revealed at a prestigious ceremony on Friday, 2 November at The Tower Hotel, which is nestled between the River Thames, St Katharine Docks and alongside the World Heritage Site, offering unparalleled views of the iconic Tower Bridge.