The Venetian® Macao was named one of the 2014 China’s Top 10 Most Popular Resort Hotels at the prestigious 11th Golden Pillow Award of China Hotels awards ceremony in Hangzhou, China Nov. 3. The award specifically targets five-star hotels in mainland China, Macao, Hong Kong and Taiwan, and is the latest recognition of The Venetian Macao’s dedication to service excellence in the hospitality industry. Launched in 2004 by China’s business media outlet, the 21st Century Business Herald, the Golden Pillow Award of China Hotels is one of the most closely followed hotel industry events in Asia. .
This year’s event was co-organised by the renowned Chinese journal of urban youth, City Zine, and the first Chinese commercial tourism magazine, Business Travel. The evaluation period for the award lasted about six months, taking into account the opinions of dozens of professional committee members, including those from business, media, arts and new media sectors, as well as hundreds of secret judges, and millions of online votes from members of the public. The committee members and secret judges carefully assessed multiple aspects of the hotels, including hotel reception, guest rooms, hotel services, catering and public areas.
“The Venetian Macao is continually striving to reach new heights when it comes to customer service and to give our guests the best possible experience when they visit our property,” said Gunther Hatt, Executive Vice President of Operations, Sands China Ltd. “We are committed to expanding the range of services and facilities we offer and to stay ahead of the pack in what is a very competitive market. Awards like this one prove that we are accomplishing those goals.”
Meanwhile, four restaurants from Sands Resorts Cotai Strip Macao and Sands Macao won awards at the 2014 Target Taste Awards hosted by Target Magazine.
· Selected Specialty Restaurant: The Golden Peacock is The Venetian Macao’s signature Indian restaurant, honoured with a Michelin one-star rating, and serves authentic Indian cuisine using ingredients imported directly from India.
· Selected Italian Restaurant: Upscale Italian restaurant Portofino at The Venetian Macao offers delicious Italian classics in a stylish and contemporary setting.
· Best Chinese Restaurant: Dynasty 8, the signature Chinese restaurant of Conrad Macao, Cotai Central, takes guests on a flavourful journey embracing thousands of years of culinary wisdom with dishes designed to delight all the senses.
· Selected Steak House: Copa Steakhouse at Sands Macao is one of the best steakhouses in Macao and Hong Kong. Its open kitchen allows guests to appreciate the artistry of the chefs as they cook the perfect steak.
Target Magazine is a luxury lifestyle guide targeted at elite travellers. The Target Taste Awards aims to honour and celebrate the best restaurants in mainland China, Macao and Hong Kong.
* Sands Resorts Cotai Strip Macao is comprised of The Venetian Macao; Four Seasons Hotel Macao; Conrad Macao, Cotai Central; Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central; and Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central.