The awards, which honor the dedicated professionals of the hotel industry, were announced at a glittering event held in Shanghai last week.
In its’ inaugural year The Hotelier Awards received nearly 300 applications from more than 100 hotel properties within 44 different brands throughout China including Hong Kong and Macao. Winners of each category were decided by a panel of independent experts through a two-round process and were based on a combination of facts presented in their application, personal interviews, and testimonials.
Dina has been with Conrad Macao since the hotel opened in April 2012 and as part of Sands® Cotai Central, an integrated resort that is home to luxury hotels, retail, convention space and entertainment, she is also responsible for the public area cleaning and waste management for the entire resort along with wardrobe operations which is the largest of its kind in the world, servicing the needs of some 10,000 team members.
During this time she has made a significant contribution to the hotel’s housekeeping operations, some highlights include:
· Receiving 100% in the 1st Quality Assurance Brand Audit for cleanliness and a succession of very high scores in the following two years – a benchmark for Conrad and Waldorf Astoria Brands worldwide.
· Implementing a robust succession plan that focuses on promoting from within the department and fostering long-term career growth for team members.
· Creating a development/mentoring program for young Macau professionals to progress within the housekeeping department to achieve leadership roles.
· Leading the recycling champions - recycling has grown from 0% to 2% in 2013 to 10% in 2014.
· Managed the ‘Clean The World Asia’ project for Sands China Ltd, which also operates Sands® Macao, The Venetian® Macao, The Plaza™ Macao and Sands® Cotai Central, to collect and recycle soaps from our hotels which are then hygienically distributed to children and families in need all over the world, to date more than 30,000 soaps have donated.
“We are delighted that Dina received this award, she possesses not just the technical skills but also has strong leadership competencies which are critical when you manage a team of over 900 employees,” said Mark McWhinnie, Senior Vice President of Development & Shared Services and Director of Sands® Cotai Central, Sands China Ltd.
“Both her commitment to excellence, as well as her pro-active initiatives have helped to drive our overall sustainability programs and expense management thus creating excellent synergies within the operations, which in turn has driven efficiencies and productivity.”