Over the forthcoming months, the world class Darwin Convention Centre will welcome over 6,000 Australian, New Zealand and Asian delegates to Darwin in an event-packed conference season from July to November this year.
Delegates including medical practitioners, scientists, anthropologists, researchers, government officials, academics, community and business leaders in industries as diverse as mining, medical, international education, early childhood, building, defence and social welfare will convene in the tropical harbour city to share knowledge, inspire new ways of thinking and form authentic connections.
As a convenient central destination between South East Asia and the majority of Australian capital cities with an average four-hour flight time, an increasing number of Australian and Australasian associations are holding conferences in Darwin to boost their conference numbers by attracting more Asian delegates.
Another key strategic factor for conferences choosing Darwin is the ease of access to locally based industry experts who are available to present at conferences providing key industry insights. Darwin also offers unique professional experiences such as field visits to educational research centres, industry sites or remote communities that are memorable, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for well-travelled delegates.
In the forthcoming months, the Darwin Convention Centre will be the host venue for the:
• Developing Northern Australia Conference 2016 (20 – 21 June)
• Council of International Students Association Annual Conference (6 – 8 July)
• 2016 NAIDOC Awards (8 July)
• Australia and New Zealand Local Government Chief Officers Group Conference (13 - 15 July)
• 16th Annual State Taxes Conference (27 - 29 July)
• Biennial Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia Conference (10 – 14 August)
• Australian Physiotherapy Association Business and Management Conference (26 – 28 August)
• Anglicare Australia National Conference (5 – 7 September)
• Early Childhood Australia National Conference (5 – 8 October)
• Association of Wall and Ceiling Industries of Australia and New Zealand 71st Annual Conference (10 - 12 October)
• Northern Australia Defence Summit (19 - 20 October)
• 2016 Northern Territory Insurance Conference (27 - 28 October)
• 7th Annual Northern Territory Projects Conference 2016 (8 - 9 November)
Darwin's warm hospitality is also extended to delegates through the 'Darwin Welcomes Delegates' program. Delegates and their accompanying partners can enjoy a range of discounts and special offers from over 52 participating hospitality, tourism and retail businesses while visiting the city.
"Business visitors are very important to the Darwin economy, so we look forward to welcoming delegates to our dynamic tropical city and ensuring they have a productive and memorable conferencing experience at our Centre", said Janet Hamilton, General Manager of the Darwin Convention Centre.