This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Southwest Airlines’ Bob Montgomery to Keynote AirIT’s 18th Annual User Conference & Symposium

AirIT, leading provider of information technology products and services to the air transportation industry and part of the Amadeus group’s Airport IT business unit, has announced that Bob Montgomery, Vice President of Airport Affairs for Southwest Airlines, will be the keynote speaker at AirIT’s 18th Annual User Conference & Symposium held in Las Vegas, April 25-27, 2016.

Mr. Montgomery has been with Southwest since 1977, and has held a number of positions in the Operating and Finance Departments prior to filling the Properties and Facilities and Airport Affairs role.  He also serves on the oversight committee for the Transportation Research Board’s (TRB) Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) at the request of the Secretary of Transportation.  

Mr. Montgomery is responsible for the acquisition and development of all of Southwest Airlines’ facilities nationwide, including all airport space, reservations centers, maintenance hangars, data centers, training centers, headquarters and other operational and technical facilities. Additionally, he is responsible for representing Southwest to all airport operators and City Governments, and works with them to develop their capital and operating budgets, as well as development programs. In total, Mr. Montgomery has been responsible for the acquisition, design and construction of more than 85 percent of all facilities occupied by Southwest Airlines.  

The theme of Mr. Montgomery’s keynote at this year’s AirIT User Conference & Symposium will be: Airlines @ Airports: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow.  Bob’s wealth of experience in this area, along with the unique anecdotal examples he frequently shares with audiences, are expected to resonate with conference attendees. AirIT’s User Conference & Symposium has attracted more than 170 attendees in each of the past three years, 75 percent of whom use AirIT airport solutions and the remaining 25 percent representing their airline constituent counterparts.  

Comments Betros Wakim, AirIT Chief Executive Officer, “We are elated to have Bob Montgomery keynoting our annual user event. He is a true industry visionary and we look forward to hearing Bob’s perspective on what he sees as the past, present, and future of mutually beneficial airline-airport relationships.”

Submit to DiggSubmit to FacebookSubmit to Google PlusSubmit to StumbleuponSubmit to TwitterSubmit to LinkedIn

Related Articles