With more than 870 hotels in over 60 countries, Ramada by Wyndham is one of the world’s most recognised hotel brands. A new brand programme launching today, Discovering Red, celebrates this international presence by encouraging hotel guests to participate in a series of insider experiences, designed to learn about local culture in some of the incredible destinations around the world where Ramada hotels can be found.
Inspired by the brand’s signature red colour, Discovering Red includes a mix of activities themed around local cuisine, arts and music, which guests can experience both inside the hotels and within the surrounding neighbourhoods. From India’s colourful Rajasthan, must-see cities like Dubai, Lisbon and Milan, to picturesque locations in Greece, Germany and Jordan, the programme includes activities that are crafted by locals and which help travellers get to know new places, or to discover new sides of favoured destinations they return to time and time again.
Dimitris Manikis, President & Managing Director EMEA, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, commented: “All around the world Ramada by Wyndham is known for warm hospitality that helps travellers ‘Say Hello to Red’ as they discover new and exciting destinations. Discovering Red taps into our guests’ desires to gain an authentic insight into each location, and we are thrilled to offer travellers new opportunities to get to know the world better whilst creating unique memories.”
Guests can look forward to sampling Discovering Red at ten participating hotels:
• Ramada by Wyndham Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Coffee Ceremony and Painting: A welcoming Ethiopian coffee ceremony is an age-old, ritualised tradition signifying respect and friendship. To take the cultural immersion further, guests can discover the art of painting with coffee, taught by talented local artist Yonas Degefa.
• Ramada by Wyndham Flensburg, Germany - Discover a Rum Tradition in Germany: A special rum tasting and local distillery tours to learn the secrets and history behind Germany’s most unexpected export since 1700s.
• Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Thraki, Greece - Photography Workshops: Inspiring local photographers and brothers Sotiris and Nikos Zoakis offer guests the chance to take part in intimate photography workshops to explore the local surroundings. Suitable for all experience levels.
• Ramada by Wyndham Podgorica, Montenegro - A Journey through Montenegro’s Wine Region: An itinerary to discover the lesser-known wine region of Montenegro and take a journey through Europe’s largest vineyards.
• Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Bucharest, Romania - Dracula Themed Guided Tour and Tasting: A guided tour through the heart of Bucharest with tales from the city’s hair-raising history and its notorious residents. At the hotel a traditional tasting menu is served with a ‘Bloody Vlady’ cocktail.
• Ramada by Wyndham Udaipur Resort & Spa, India - Rajasthani Food, Music and Dance: Heavily influenced by the local weather, guests can discover the Rajasthani cuisine through a mouth-watering menu, accompanied by the rhythm of local folk songs and traditional dance performed live.
• Ramada Resort by Wyndham Dead Sea, Jordan - Traditional Jordanian Bedouin Evenings: A weekly event of traditional Jordanian cuisine and local performances including the Jordanian Dabke, a lively folk dance.
• Ramada by Wyndham Downtown Dubai, UAE - Traditional Emirati In-room Dining: A four-course Emirati meal is served in the decorative, traditional floor setup, with decorative cushions and tablecloths.
• Ramada by Wyndham Lisbon, Portugal - Mediterranean Cooking Courses: An interactive three-hour cooking class to learn about the secrets of the Mediterranean cuisine. Create a three-course dinner accompanied by fine a Portuguese wine.
• Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Milano, Italy – Learn the History of Milanese Food: Taste and learn the recipes for traditional Milanese specialities whilst listening to a talk on the history of the dishes. Guests can take home recipes of each dish to recreate for friends and family.
Discovering Red experiences range from complimentary to up to £85 per person, based on location, season and group size, and can be booked directly at each participating hotel. For room reservations or to learn more, visit www.ramada.com.