Great Places to Work® Institute names Hyatt Hotels and Resorts as one of Europe’s ‘Best Multinational Workplaces 2016’Hyatt Hotels and Resorts has announced that they have been named by the Great Places to Work® Institute as a best ‘Multinational Workplace’ in Europe for 2016. Hyatt has earned a spot on the prestigious list for the second time after 2014.
The recognition is in addition to a growing list of workplace awards, which Hyatt hotels have received throughout this year. Hyatt hotels were ranked the 6th ‘Best Large Workplace’ in the UK, ‘3rd Best Workplace ’ in Germany and 16th ‘Best Workplace” in France in their respective size category. And earlier in the year, Hyatt hotels in the United States were named as one the 2016 FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®”.
Across all Hyatt’s hotels, top priority is placed on human care and establishing collaborative, family environments. Hyatt have been recognised for creating a people-focused culture and for offering excellent career growth opportunities. The group are extremely proud of the recognition they have received by the Great Places to Work® Institute across the continent.
“We are honoured to receive this award from Great Places to Work®. It reflects the value we place in our people and the culture of care we have fostered across the Hyatt family,” said Peter Fulton, group president – EAME and Southwest Asia.
“We place trust in our staff and always encourage them to let their individual personalities shine through. Our associates are given the best environment to provide innovative and creative ideas for our hotel guests. We provide our staff with autonomy and freedom, so they are able to offer guests the most authentic experiences. This is why Hyatt hotels have always been a great place to work”.
The award is given in recognition of workplaces which have featured in at least three Great Places to Work® lists in Europe within the past year. To be featured on these lists, detailed and confidential surveys of associates and management board members were carried out. This reveals the workplaces in which colleagues have complete trust in one another and where employees take pride in, and enjoy, the work they do.
Hyatt hotels actively seek out, hire and retain the most talented, diverse and upbeat people. Hyatt invests greatly in each individual, no matter what their level and are fortunate to have long-tenured associates. A number of benefits are on offer to Hyatt associates, inspired by the hospitality that they show to guests.
• Associates receive complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
• Friends and families members receive generous discounts on their stays
• Development opportunities like exchange programmes and career moves worldwide
• Highly professional training programmes in various disciplines, including a development curriculum for new managers
• Recognition programmes that acknowledge associates with gift and monetary awards for outstanding service to guests and colleagues
• Opportunities to shadow colleagues who work in management positions
• Regular feedback conversations to help associates grow and fulfil their potential
• Fun social events like staff parties, team outings and sports activities, including our annual global event “Celebrate Our People”, which acknowledges the exceptional standards of service and dedication that Hyatt associates demonstrate throughout the year
• A variety of wellness programmes and fitness activities, like special health promotional weeks for associates
• Flexible work schedules, competitive wage and benefits packages
• Complimentary and subsidized high quality meals for associates.
• Actively supporting Hyatt Thrive by creating a culture of responsibility and empowering our associates to create positive change in their local communities.