Venues & Events
Central Hall Westminster’s new summer terrace
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Tuesday, 12 June 2012 11:58
Central Hall Westminster’s new summer terraceCentral Hall Westminster is opening its 4th floor terrace this summer season for the very first time, offering events for up to 100 people overlooking the most talked about skyline of 2012.
As Maria Schuett, Marketing Manager said: “Location is key, opposite Westminster Abbey with panoramic views from the terrace providing a unique view of London’s most prestigious landmarks, including Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, London Eye and the river Thames. In the year that the whole world is talking about London we are able to offer probably the best view in central London.”
The terrace is connected to the indoor South Rotunda room, a circular shaped room with skylight windows, giving it a bright and airy feel. Easy access is provided by two elevators or the beautiful Grand Staircase, a replica of the Paris Opera stairway. In addition, the room has direct access to the 2,200-seat Great Hall, boasting the largest domed ceiling of its kind in Europe.
In the past, the use of the terrace has been reserved for VIP guests or the world media broadcasting the prime pictures of the Royal Wedding in 2011. However, with the popularity of the space among event organisers and after many meeting requests, Central Hall Westminster is now opening the balcony for all in its centenary year of 2012.
Paul Southern, Managing Director further highlights: “Ideal for summer soirées, drinks receptions, breakfast meetings and much more, the 100 guest capacity keeps it small and simple. Should the weather change, there are alternative options to continue your event indoors, in the south Rotunda room.”
More hotel news
- THE PIG continues expansion with purchase of Hunstrete House near Bath and will open winter 2013
- Radisson Blu Hotel East Midlands Airport placed in the top-performing 10% of all businesses worldwide by TripAdvisor
- Dusit Thani Manila creates Silence Room as part of new Club Lounge
- Red Carnation Hotels adds Ashford Castle, Ireland, to its portfolio of award-winning properties
- Mainport hotel opens in Rotterdam