- Show previews
- Media info
The Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Fesitival 16th & 17th June 2012
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 09:07
Italian Tour makes a grand entrance at this year’s festivalAlready heavy with key anniversaries and attractions, the reach of the Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Festival stretches into Europe as a Milan-to-Brooklands convoy will make its way to the site in time for the Festival weekend. The new Italian connection for this year is in the form of a 20-strong European Car Tour which will set off from Milan to arrive at Brooklands on 15th June, in time for the Festival weekend. Organised by Italian car collector Corrado Lopresto, the tour already has confirmed cars including a Lancia Appia Zagato, a Mercedes-Benz Codine (“Fintail” for Italians) and two Alfa Romeos - a Giulia Prototipo Centro Stile and the 1900 Stabilimenti Farina cabriolet.
Corrado Lopresto owns many unique Italian classic cars including the wonderful Alfa Romeo 6C-2500 Bertone Coupe that appeared at the Double Twelve last year.
The president of the National Museum of Torino, Benedetto Camerana (Gianni Agnelli’s nephew), has confirmed his participation. Camerana, who is also the President of the ASI, the famous Automotoclub Storico Italiano, will present a special cup for the most 'Beautiful Italian Car’ at the Brooklands Double Twelve. All of the cars taking part in the tour from Milan will take part in the Double Twelve Concours Competition.
As June fast approaches, entries are still being accepted for both the Driving Concours and the Speed Trials – the two main competitive elements of the weekend. Returning competitors will undoubtedly be eager to hold on to their titles but with new cars and entrants coming forward for the first time, there will be some jostling for ascendancy so reputations will be at stake. Amongst the confirmed entries in the Double Twelve Speed Trials are ERA R4D, the Frazer Nash Emeryson Special and the Wolseley Wolsit Coppa Florio.
The Brooklands Double Twelve Motorsport Festival is promoted by Brooklands Museum, with the competition elements of the weekend organised by the Vintage Sports-Car Club. It embraces a unique Driving Concours competition (scored on a combination of driving skill and vehicle condition) and the Speed Trials – a sprint run on the Mercedes-Benz World circuit, along with a full weekend of family entertainment. The full list of Classes for both the Driving Concours and the Speed Trials, along with entry forms and application details, can be found at either www.brooklandsmuseum.com or www.vscc.co.uk. All entries should be submitted to the VSCC.
More hotel news
- The skyline of Zuidas Amsterdam will be enriched with the iconic hotel nhow Amsterdam RAI
- W Taipei launches Sweet Award - First ever urban beekeeping in Taiwan
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit reinvents the lobby
- With acclaimed musician Jamie Cullum at the helm, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts launches ‘Jazz Legends at St. Regis’ series
- Dusit enters Shanghai
More venue & events news
- 29 meeting industry professionals took part in Meet Estonia 2015 fam-trip
- Church House AV Manager runs to support Macmillan Cancer
- LSO St Luke’s to host the annual British Association of Social Workers UK Conference & AGM
- SPA-CE is returning to Hungary
- Crowd-sourced content and Corbin Ball keynote confirmed for Meet The Future at Central Hall Westminster