Venues & Events
60 new buyers at City Fair 2012
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Friday, 18 May 2012 14:18
60 new buyers at City Fair 2012In just under five weeks City Fair 2012, organised by the European Tour Operators Association (ETOA), will take place in London with more than 60 buyer companies attending the workshop for the first time. Nearly 180 contractors and product developers have already been attracted by dozens of pre-scheduled appointments with relevant commercial contacts and the broad range of destinations on offer.
Currently 23 European countries will be represented at the event, taking place at Wembley Stadium on 25th June and the 320 delegates registered so far is already 12% up on last year’s inaugural marketplace.
The support of the Italian national state tourist board, ENIT, has encouraged a significant Italian presence at this year’s event with several of its partners signing up in the last couple of weeks. It joins Paris Ile-de-France and London and Partners in bringing high-quality exhibitors to the workshop.
Nick Greenfield, Head of Tour Operator Relations at ETOA, said, “It is very encouraging to see national tourist boards taking the lead and making the case to cities and their local suppliers that City Fair offers a productive and cost-effective way of promoting themselves. I am optimistic that this will pave the way for the involvement of other national tourist boards in future.”
More hotel news
- Red Carnation Hotels adds Ashford Castle, Ireland, to its portfolio of award-winning properties
- Mainport hotel opens in Rotterdam
- Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts continues expansion in China with a new hotel in Xi’an
- Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow opens renovated Park Suites
- Ascott announces 1st residence in Saudi Arabia and 2 new properties in China