Venues & Events
SMMEX renews Wembley Stadium contract
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Thursday, 03 May 2012 12:41
SMMEX renews Wembley Stadium contractThe Sport Merchandise and Marketing Exhibition (SMMEX) has signed up to hold its annual show at Wembley Stadium for the next two years. The exhibition has been held at Wembley Stadium since 2009 and will remain at the venue until 2014.
The most recent exhibition was held in March attracting more than 120 exhibitors and 700 key decision makers and buyers from more than 20 sports making it an unique opportunity to meet face to face and see the latest innovative merchandise, products and services.
Jeremy Storey Walker, event director for SMEXX, comments: “SMMEX provides buyers and specifiers from sporting clubs and associations across Europe the chance to meet up with premier suppliers of unique products and services in a relaxed, informal environment suitable for finding all of their sports merchandise and marketing needs.
"As Wembley Stadium is the home of national football it is the natural choice of venue for our event. It provides the flexible spaces we need and is well equipped to meet the exhibitions requirements. The team at Wembley are friendly and on hand to assist with the smooth running of the exhibition and we are delighted to have signed to keep the event at Wembley for the next two years.”
Jackie Boughton from DNC Wembley comments: “SMMEX’s decision to bring the annual exhibition back to Wembley for another two years is recognition of the team’s hard work in making events at the stadium a success and we look forward to welcoming them back for future shows.”
More hotel news
- General Manager of The Landmark London Hotel announces retirement
- Natural Retreats to open The Inn at John O’Groats, Scotland- August 2013
- BFTE delegates dazzled by local performers
- Atlantic Tower by Thistle unveils newly refurbished Vista Bar & Restaurant
- Hilton London Islington undergoes a £5.2 Million rooms make over and new Executive Lounge