Venues & Events
All hands on deck for HBAA fundraiser
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Thursday, 03 May 2012 10:07
All hands on deck for HBAA fundraiserIt was all hands on deck yesterday, 2nd May, as HBAA Chairman Chris Peacock took a crew of industry figureheads to open waters for his fundraising initiative for the RNLI.
Initial calculations show that the team of seven broke the £16,500 mark after 5 hours of solid fundraising. HBAA Boss in a Boat saw a team of noted agency and hoteliers take to the waters off the south coast in an exercise in conjunction with the RNLI. Armed with mobile phones and their black books of contacts, each fundraiser asked clients and colleagues for donations so that they could be saved from being stranded aboard the adrift craft.
Donations and pledges were received from across the industry; The Barbican, etc.venues and hotel groups Hilton and IHG all dug deep as did fellow agencies including Grass Roots HBI, Bookotel, Expotel and BSI.
Chris Peacock, HBAA Chair and director of Conference Care said, “It is fantastic to see the whole of the industry pull together and support the HBAA's charity. The RNLI is reliant on donations and am so pleased that my colleagues from across the board were so generous. I would also sincerely like to thank the team of fundraisers for their tenacity in asking for donations and especially for giving up a valuable day out of the office. It was no mean feat being stuck on the boat and we are all glad to get back our land legs!”
Pictured from left to right: Rajesh Vorah - Sarova Hotels, Angie Mason - Absolute Corporate Events, David Taylor – IHG, Ricky Kapoor - Hotel World Plus, Jacqui Kavanagh - Trinity Conference, Brendon Smith - etc.venues and Chris Peacock - Conference Care.
More hotel news
- Hotels G announces expansion of trendy lifestyle brand Hotel G
- Centara works with EarthCheck as part of its green and sustainable tourism policy
- Jumeirah to become official Hotel Partner of the Statoil Masters Tennis
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali supports the BII Maybank Bali Marathon 2013
- THE PIG continues expansion with purchase of Hunstrete House near Bath and will open winter 2013