Venues & Events
May the force be with you - unique hotel and LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Experience – opening March 2012
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Monday, 16 January 2012 13:35
May the force be with you - unique hotel and LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Experience – opening March 2012Staff were startled by some surprising new characters in residence at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s famous Miniland last week. The miniature LEGO landscape, which has been renovated in preparation for the new season, was taken over by Star Wars™ LEGO minifigure heroes and villains including 200 storm troopers invading London over Tower Bridge, and Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi doing battle on the face of Big Ben! The Star Wars ‘royals’ also took residence in Buckingham Palace.
The takeover heralds the opening in March of the unique fully-themed LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel and new LEGO Star Wars™ Miniland Experience at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. The new indoor fully themed Star Wars™ Miniland will painstakingly recreate seven of the most famous scenes from the beloved Star Wars™ films including a scene from the animated series: Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, using around 1.5 million LEGO bricks.
Opening 17 March, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel offers 150 rooms – themed to Pirates, Kingdom or Adventure – highly creative entertainment and leisure facilities plus extensive meeting, conference and event spaces for up to 320 delegates.
Overnight stays are priced from £247 low season or £337 high season for a themed family room (2 adults / up to 3 children), including breakfast and park tickets for two days, guests will also enjoy special LEGOLAND benefits including early bird access to the park.
More hotel news
- Hotels G announces expansion of trendy lifestyle brand Hotel G
- Centara works with EarthCheck as part of its green and sustainable tourism policy
- Jumeirah to become official Hotel Partner of the Statoil Masters Tennis
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali supports the BII Maybank Bali Marathon 2013
- THE PIG continues expansion with purchase of Hunstrete House near Bath and will open winter 2013