- Show previews
- Media info
Top leisure industry awards head to Sheffield
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Friday, 13 January 2012 09:05
Top leisure industry awards head to SheffieldSheffield’s spectacular venues and proud sporting heritage have attracted the leisure industry’s top awards conference and event party to the city this summer.
The Fitness Industry Associated has announced it will hold the FIA & Matrix Flame 2012 Conference and Ball at Sheffield International Venues’ Ponds Forge International Sports Centre and the Magna Science Adventure Centre Sheffield on June 27
The much anticipated Ball of Fire, at which the winners of the Flame Awards for 2012 will be announced, will take place in the sports hall in Ponds Forge with an anticipated 800 guests from the leisure industry.
SIV is no stranger to the FLAME awards having picked up repeated Centre of The Year awards for Hillsborough Leisure Centre, the English Institute of Sport Sheffield and Concord Sports Centre in the last six years.
Hillsborough Leisure Centre was voted UK Leisure Centre of the Year by the FIA for an unprecedented four years running and was shortlisted for a fifth year.
FIA CEO David Stalker said: “This year Flame is coming to Sheffield with a host of spectacular new venues, and it is going to be our biggest and best awards yet. From friendly competition at the annual Golf Day, which is always a huge amount of fun, to the Flame conference, which will host a selection of expert speakers, culminating in the prestigious Ball of Fire, to announce the Flame Award winners.
“Flame is a high point of the year for our industry and I look forward to welcoming over 800 delegates to Sheffield this summer.”
Delivered by the FIA for more than 15 years, the Fitness, Leadership And Management Excellence (Flame) awards are the crème de la crème industry awards recognising excellence and best practice within the health and fitness sector.
Dominic Stokes, General Manager - SIV Events said: "Considering our track record in these awards, we are delighted to welcome the FIA for the first time to the city and look forward to providing the best hospitality and service to our peers that the city and its fantastic venues can offer.”
Pictured: Concord Sports Centre staff celebrate their FLAME win.
More hotel news
- The Grand Brighton celebrates after maintaining AIM Gold accreditation
- Worldhotels launches third branded hotel in the Netherlands: Worldhotel Wings
- Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel in Mallorca reopens with a culinary bang
- The Upper House offers an exclusive room package and unforgettable shopping experience
- Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel becomes Thailand’s new flagship for the luxury brand
More venue & events news
- Royal College of Physicians achieves Gold status for IACC Green Star Certification Programme
- Wembley Stadium to host upcoming ABPCO roundtable event
- French vibe at the Barbican Centre
- Wembley launches new initiative for event organisers
- Alton Towers launch three new packages to harness the benefits of adrenaline for meetings and events