- Show previews
- Media info
Boston & Cambridge recognized by ICCA as Top Destination in USA for International Association Meetings
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Thursday, 21 July 2011 15:02
Boston & Cambridge recognized by ICCA as Top Destination in USA for International Association MeetingsFor the third consecutive year, Boston & Cambridge have been named the Top Destination in the United States for International Association Meetings by the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA). In 2010, Boston & Cambridge hosted a record number of 43 international meetings (up from 36 the previous year), making it the number one destination for international association meetings in the United States.
“This top ranking is the result of the Bureau’s partnerships targeting the international association meetings market,” said Patrick B. Moscaritolo, President & CEO of the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau (GBCVB).
“The GBCVB and Cambridge Office for Tourism will continue to collaborate on programs with member hotels and venues in order to grow our market share.”
The GBCVB recently launched its most comprehensive international marketing campaign in its history with its partners, Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism, the Massachusetts Port Authority, Cambridge Office for Tourism, Boston and Cambridge hotels, and other GBCVB members. The integrated international meetings and visitor marketing program will help to drive meetings and leisure business from key target markets across Europe to Boston and Cambridge.
“Clearly, as this top ranking and overall growth in 2010 once again demonstrates, our dedicated sales and marketing campaign is paying dividends,” said Moscaritolo. “Since only five of these meetings took place at our convention centers, we have the opportunity to expand this important market segment as well,” he added.
The overall international campaign initiative revolves around partnerships that have been developed in collaboration with Boston and Cambridge hotels. Campaign elements include attendance at international tradeshows, such as IMEX, IMEX America, AIBTM, EIBTM and Pow Wow, as well as sales missions with GBCVB members, educational trips and dedicated staff to head up the overall sales & marketing effort.
“Partnering with the GBCVB in these international sales and marketing programs has a proven return on investment over the past five years. These joint initiatives benefit our hotels and the entire hospitality industry in Cambridge,” said Robyn Culbertson, Executive Director, Cambridge Office for Tourism.
More hotel news
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts to launch dual-branded Aloft and Element Hotel development in Columbus, Ohio
- Game, set and match for Boodles Tennis at The Mere
- Grow your Karma with Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants brand new loyalty programme, Karma Rewards
- Regent Porto Montenegro to open on 1 August
- The Beardmore achieves Gold Accreditation for Investors in People
More venue & events news
- RIBA Venues launches personal AV service offering for meeting planners
- UK's largest indoor music festival at the Ricoh Arena
- Leicester to host major tourism convention in 2015
- Momad Metropolis will strengthen its range of swimwear fashion at its event next September
- Historic business travel exhibition pays tribute to 'Trainspotter' creator