- Show previews
- Media info
Expedia to move offices to Angel, Islington, London in Jan 2012
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Thursday, 07 July 2011 11:09
Expedia to move offices to Angel, Islington, London in Jan 2012Expedia.com Ltd – a subsidiary of Expedia Inc., the world’s largest online travel company - has confirmed that it is moving its office to Angel, Islington, to take advantage of a newly converted property, giving it access to more space, state-of-the-art facilities and first-class local amenities. The anticipated move date is January 2012.
David Roche, President of Hotels.com and Venere, said: “We have only been in our present offices for 3 years, our teams have been growing and we just need more room. Our new offices will allow us to add several hundred employees as we continue to expand.”
“The Expedia group makes a significant contribution to the economic well-being of London. Expedia Inc customers book approximately 5000 rooms every single day in London and this equates to approximately £300m spent on hotels and hotels extras in the city annually.”
“We chose Angel because of this great building - it’s central and well designed,” continued Roche. “Our international employee base will enjoy the lively and cosmopolitan nature of the local environment and we have a high number of staff who live nearby.”
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: "Expedia's decision to grow their business in London clearly demonstrates our dominance as a top class city. Global firms are investing here because it is simply the best place in the world to do business and, with the international focus ahead of next year's 2012 Games, we will be pushing hard to lure more and more of the biggest and best businesses to our great city."
More hotel news
- Hard Days Night Hotel launches new cocktail menu
- Paradores de Turismo creates 'Tapas Only' tasting menus for World Tapas Day
- Radisson Blu Edwardian, London announced as Official Hotel Partner to 800th Anniversary of the Magna Carta
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, Singapore offers one-of-a-kind meetings with Sunglasses at Work
- Barceló Hotels & Resorts to open its first property in the Red Sea