Venues & Events
World retail congress set to focus on emerging retail markets
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Thursday, 02 June 2011 02:53
World retail congress set to focus on emerging retail marketsAs global retailers look for new growth opportunities and focus on international expansion strategies, the 2011 World Retail Congress will bring together a powerful line-up of emerging market experts.
The sessions will also see leading retailers from these key markets sharing their experiences and knowledge, including Govind Shrikhande, Managing Director of Shopper’s Stop, Ajit Joshi, CEO of Tata Group’s Infiniti Division, Zhang Zhi Yong, CEO and Ffounder of Li Ning and Caita Maia, Founder of Chilli Beans.
These industry specialists will be joined by over 100 leading retail executives and visionaries who will speak on today’s core issues as chosen by some of the top names from across global retailing. The agenda for the major international meeting will focus on:
• Managing today’s economic cycle
• Delivering growth through focusing on both the hard and the soft strategies
• Getting the new marketing mix right
• Understanding successful international business expansion models
• Putting the talent agenda at the heart of boardroom discussions
• Multichannel retailing and mobile commerce
• The impact and importance of sustainability
• The fast-changing consumer and the need for shopper insight to build future strategies
The World Retail Congress 2011 has at its heart a three day agenda of plenary sessions, business streams and networking events. In 2010, the event was attended by over 1000 people with more than 100 speakers representing some of the biggest and most important names in retailing around the world.