Venues & Events
Tweet, tweet rather than beep, beep
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Friday, 20 May 2011 10:04
Tweet, tweet rather than beep, beepSocial media in the driving seat as Bath couple set off on magical mystery driving tour of Ireland
Samantha and Nick Brown from Bath will be throwing caution to the wind and asking Britons to design their Ireland holiday via Twitter and Facebook on a minute by minute basis. The social media adventurers were selected by Tourism Ireland to go on a week-long tour of Ireland from the 20th – 27th May. The courageous couple will be putting themselves at the mercy of social media for a very special road trip around the Island of Ireland.
The entire road trip will be documented on www.discoverireland.com/roadtrip with blogs, videos and Tweets. People can get involved every step of the way by:
• Sharing road trip advice with comments on the blog www.discoverireland.com/roadtrip
• Adding inspiration on the Facebook page www.facebook.com/DiscoverIrelandGB
• Tweeting ideas to @GoToIrelandGB using the hashtag #IrelandRoadtrip
• Voting for the next destination at our online poll on www.discoverireland.com
People who give Samantha and Nick a top tip will be entered into daily prize draws (for the legendary Barry’s Tea and Tayto crisps). There is also the chance to win a fabulous road trip to Ireland for two. Now the next question is – with HM The Queen and President Obama having completed their own road trip round Ireland in the past few days – will they tweet out their tips too?!