The Silverstone Wing confirmed to host Motorsport UK show
- Category: Show
- Created on Wednesday, 04 April 2012 10:47
The Silverstone Wing confirmed to host Motorsport UK showSilverstone has announced a long term agreement with Motorsport UK, the motorsport show that promotes all categories of national motorsport, to host the show in The Silverstone Wing, with this year’s event set to take place on 03-04 November. In addition, the show is to be rebranded Silverstone Motorsport UK, further strengthening the ties with the Northamptonshire circuit.
Utilising the exhibition space available in The Wing, Silverstone Motorsport UK will feature more than 100 exhibitors from the national motorsport field, including car manufacturers, national racing series, racing clubs, suppliers and industry associations.
Highlights of The Silverstone Motorsport UK 2012 event will include:
• The Kit Car Pavilion – A showcase of some of the UK’s top kit car and specialist car manufacturers in association with Kit Car Magazine and Total Kit Car magazine
• The Go Motorsport - Motorsport UK Kart Challenge - visitors will have the opportunity to race for the title of the Go Motorsport - Motorsport UK champion
• The Checkered Flag fans forum and Motors TV Main Stage - hosted by TV presenter Gemma Scott, interviews with drivers, race team bosses and key figures from the industry will take place over the course of the show
• The show will also make use of Stowe Circuit, a separate infield circuit with its own facilities, as part of The Silverstone LIVE experience and The Track Driver Hot Laps experience, allowing visitors some hands-on time with vehicles and teams.
Daniel Whittemore, Sales Manager for Silverstone Circuits Limited, commented, “We are delighted to welcome Motorsport UK to The Silverstone Wing. We are sure that Silverstone’s unique motorsport heritage, combined with state-of-the-art exhibition and conference facilities, will provide the perfect backdrop for the show, making Silverstone Motorsport UK 2012 a fixture not to miss on the UK motorsport calendar.”
Martin Capenhurst organiser of Motorsport UK enthuses,“We are thrilled to be hosting the Silverstone Motorsport UK 2012 at The Silverstone Wing. The exhibition space will provide visitors with the chance to make contact and network with suppliers, organisers and key people from the industry in a prestigious setting. The venue is also unique in its ability to cater for the show’s new LIVE elements, which include providing visitors with the chance to get behind the wheel of one of Silverstone’s cars on Stowe Circuit, hot laps in exhibitor vehicles and the Go Motorsport kart challenge, providing visitors the chance to compete and win sponsorship for their 2012 season to individuals.”