Sessions will include:
• Climbing the Career Path: From PA to EA - Sarah Caswell, Executive Assistant, Clarion Solicitors
• Running an International Conference - Kelly McAulay, Executive Assistant, William Grant & Sons
• The Art of Communications - Heather Baker, Director, Heather Baker Associates
• The Power of Awards and what it means to a PA - Melanie Sheehy, Executive Assistant, Citation Ltd & Co-Founder Manchester PA Network
• The Project Mindset: Characteristics of Successful Projects - Kathleen Drum, Executive Assistant, CEO Office Crossrail
Marion Lowrence, Director, The PA Hub, comments: “Whilst PAs face many of the same challenges as event organisers when planning meetings and conferences, they often have a full-time schedule within their role that includes many other day to day activities. This in turn gives them less time and opportunity to be creative and seek new ways to deliver content and logistics. PAs have usually been ‘thrown in at the deep end’ and expected to run the perfect conference with little or no training. Our sessions have been designed to cut through to the heart of the matter and ensure they receive incisive and relevant content designed to make their lives easier and events more exciting and engaging.”
PAs can attend The Meetings Show as part of the hosted buyer programme, benefiting from travel and accommodation, onsite lounges and access to the diary system, allowing them to schedule meeting with exhibitors of most relevance to their work, whilst attending education designed specifically for their needs.
“PAs are a fundamental but often overlooked part of the meetings and events industry. They have unique access to senior decision makers and corporate leaders,” comments Steve Knight, The Meetings Show’s event director. “They organise some of the most challenging events held throughout the world whilst juggling a host of other activities. We are looking forward to once again welcoming a host of PAs to The Meetings Show, whilst delivering targeted and relevant education that will be of significant benefit.”
Organised by Centaur Exhibitions, The Meetings Show is the premier event for the UK inbound and outbound meetings industry, taking place 14 – 16 June 2016 at Olympia, London. Organised by meeting professionals for meeting professionals it is focused around a large exhibition, networking opportunities and professional education.
Are they Board? – PAs to be challenged on their creativity at The Meetings Show
- Category: The Meetings Show
Sessions will include: