Venues & Events
Agents to expand knowledge base and become a Los Angeles destination experts at ASTA-LA
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Friday, 10 August 2012 14:59
“Attendees of this year’s Travel Retailing & Destination Expo have a fantastic opportunity to experience for themselves the many things Los Angeles has to offer visitors,” said ASTA President and Chair Nina Meyer.
“Thanks to a combination of sightseeing and destination education, attendees will learn how to sell LA like a pro and be able to showcase their newfound knowledge to their clients upon returning home and increase their LA sales.”
Among the special LA-centric offers:
• Complimentary entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood. In addition to heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put participants inside some of the world’s biggest movies, this tour takes attendees behind the scenes on the world-famous Studio Tour to explore where Hollywood movies are made. Universal Studios Hollywood is pleased to offer one complimentary one-day general admission ticket to travel agents attending ASTA's Travel Retail & Destination Expo in Los Angeles. Valid Sept. 6-10.
• LA Complimentary Sightseeing. Complimentary sightseeing tours allow ASTA-LA attendees to experience the excitement of Los Angeles first-hand. Participants will bring home photos and experiences they can share with their clients and while encourageing them to experience it for themselves. Choose from: Ultimate L.A. City Tour, The Amazing Los Angeles Race, Melting Pot Food Tours, Pedal… or Not, Deluxe Los Angeles Downtown Tour, TMZ Celebrity Tour, Out & About in Los Angeles and the latest offering: USS Iowa Battle Ship.
• Special Los Angeles Offers. ASTA-LA attendees can choose from additional special offers and discounts for LA sites, food and attractions, exclusive to conference participants, such as discounted Disneyland tickets, discounted one-day admission to Six Flags Magic Mountain, and special offers from Hard Rock Café. Additional prizes and offers are also available from: Grammy Museum, Hard Rock Café, Ronald Reagan Presidential Museum, W Hotel Hollywood, The Aquarium of the Pacific, Orbic Air Hollywood Celebrity Tour, Drago Centro, Universal Studios Hollywood, Cirque Du Soleil, The SBE Collection, Lucky Strike and Malibu Golf Club.
• Los Angeles “SHOW YOUR BADGE” Special Offers. Attendees need only show their conference badge for free admission. Valid Sept. 6–10.
• Starline Hop On Hop Off Downtown Tour. This tour puts participants in control with the ability to move at their own pace and visit the Downtown landmarks that interest them the most onboard an open-air double-decker bus. Highlights include Olvera Street, Little Tokyo, Broadway, the Fashion District, LA LIVE, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Our Lady of Angels Catholic Cathedral, Chinatown and City Hall.
• Madame Tussauds–Hollywood. Located next to the famous Grauman's Chinese Theatre, this is more than just a wax museum. Discover what happens behind the scenes and capture priceless photographs for a perfect Hollywood memento.
• Grammy Museum. Located in the Heart of L.A. LIVE, The GRAMMY Museum is an exciting and interactive celebration of the power of music occupying a vibrant new space in downtown Los Angeles. Four floors of cutting edge exhibits, interactive experiences and films provide a one-of-a-kind visitor experience.