The first Sandown Park Food Festival, which takes place this weekend (17 – 18 September), is perfect for families and food lovers with appearances from popular TV ‘foodies’ Great British Bake off 2015 winner Nadiya Hussain and CBeebies presenter Katy Ashworth.
Visitors will have a chance to take part in and sample dishes prepared by Nadiya (Sunday 18th), and award winning chefs and guests in the demonstration tent. Whilst Katy Ashworth will keep little ones entranced with her fun shows (Saturday 17th).
Speaking of her appearance Nadiya said: “I’m really looking forward to Sandown Park Food Festival. It will be so much fun and I look forward to sharing some of the recipes from my new book.”
Visitors will be able to savour African, Caribbean, and Vietnamese cuisines as well as exploring a number of different beverages ranging from local fruit juices to craft beers and cocktails.
Fiona Churchill said: “We’ve got some fantastic foodies coming to the first Sandown Park Food Festival. We’re delighted to attract such a popular event to our prestigious venue.”
Foodie highlights include:
· Great British Bake Off 2015 Winner Nadiya Hussain cooks from her new books Nadiya’s Kitchen and Bake Me A Story and will be signing copies at the event
· Rob Kennedy, Executive Chef, The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, cooking smoked cod and cauliflower and sweet and sour duck
· Michelin-starred chef, Steve Drake, cooking slow-cooked belly of lamb with Bosworth Ash buckwheat, spring onion and charcoal infused parsley
· Patti Sloley, resident chef at the Novelli Academy, cooks African fusion
· Kids in the Kitchen workshops
· The Confident Cook workshops for adults
Further highlights include:
· Two entertaining performances from CBeebies presenter Katy Ashworth, featuring songs and stories there’s lots of fun and laughs guaranteed.
· Announcement of the winner of the Fantastic British Food Festivals Fantastic Food Stars 2016 Award Competition on Sunday 18th September by Nadiya Hussain
· Face painting and roaming storyteller, Giant Jenga, Connect 4, Noughts and Crosses
· Drop-in dance for children with the chance to perform a mini show with OTB Dance
· Kiddi Karts - mini go-karts for kids