The event, formerly entitled the International and European Associations Congress, has changed its name for 2016 to indicate that is for all association types, be they European, international or national. Taking place at the Estrel Hotel and Convention Centre in Berlin, and now in its 18th edition, the event continues to grow with over 240 delegates expected this year.
It will attract heads of events, membership organisations, directors, VPs, heads of departments and managers from small to large organisations including professional bodies, trade associations, scientific societies, unions, user groups, forums and councils.
Along with a long list of key speakers is a packed programme of events designed to offer great networking, appointments and information for delegates. Agenda highlights include:
• The Executive Director’s Meeting on 10th April which is exclusively for Executive Heads of Associations to address their strategic issues.
• The Event Strategy Day on 11th April developed for the needs of Event Directors, Heads of Departments and Senior Directors with event responsibility. The day’s content looks at the critical aspects that all Conference, Event and Exhibition Directors should be deliberating including the future of events as a business and as a revenue generator for an association, how business models will change considering challenges to sponsor funding, down-turn in delegate attendance, delegate pricing models and challenges of offering virtual experiences at your event.
• Expert Briefing sessions on 12th April, in-depth sessions from experts and consultants, updating on pertinent issues that have developed, followed by questions and answers in small groups.
• Young Executives Pow-wow on 10th April, part of the young association executives programme that runs through the entire congress, these meetings have been designed for ambitious young executives with a strong desire to make a difference. They will focus on four key areas volunteering; digital; community and ‘why join?’.
• Association Success Stories on 11th April will see a selection of associations, shortlisted for the Association Awards, which will be announced at the congress, discuss their projects and how they have been successful with them.
Association Network’s Executive Director, Damian Hutt, says: “This year’s congress has been designed to be bigger and better than ever before and we are really excited about the packed programme of content and events on offer.”
“The congress is a great opportunity for delegates to meet their peers from Europe's leading associations, engage with strategic suppliers to associations and glean invaluable advice in events, membership, technology and marketing and learn a wealth of information.”