Brighton Digital Festival is a month-long celebration of international digital culture, which takes place from 1 to 28 September 2014 in various venues across Brighton. The festival is guided by a consortium group and supported by Arts Council England and Brighton and Hove City Council.
Brighton Dome has partnered with Brighton Digital Festival to host at least seven of the key events taking place in September. These include:
• BrightonSEO – as one of the most respected natural search conferences in the UK, this one-day conference and training sessions brings some of the best speakers in the world of search to Brighton. 11-12 September.
• Reasons to be Creative, a three-day conference for web designers and coders which brings together the world’s most talented designers, coders, creatives, film makers, animators, illustrators and artists. 1-3 September.
• Improving Reality is an inspiring day of talks by thinkers from the technology, film, education and art worlds, exploring how new technologies are changing our understanding of the world. 04 September.
• dConstruct 2014 – a one day gathering of artists, writers, hackers and coders regarding surveillance, connected devices and big data with the theme ‘Living with the Network’. 05 September.
• Brighton Mini Maker Faire– from DIY microscopes to CAD workshops, this interactive exhibition will showcase the rich cornucopia of projects from makers across the UK. 06 September.
• The Brighton Digital Marketing Festival (BDMF) will bring together the brightest talent in the digital marketing industry in a one day event at the Brighton Dome Corn Exchange on 18 September.
• Let’s Get Real Conference – a day of networking and conference sessions for those working in cultural organisations, to learn to get to know their audience better, use digital tactics more effectively and gain insights into user behaviours. 18 September.
Andrew Comben, Chief Executive of Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival commented: “I am delighted that Brighton Dome is the 2014 hub venue for Brighton’s Digital Festival. We recently launched enterprise class WI-FI across all five venues so that we are equipped to handle up to 10,000 concurrent users, perfectly timed for the start of the Festival.”
Brighton Dome provides an impressive and flexible setting for any conference, exhibition or event. The venues can comfortably accommodate between 50 to 1700 delegates offering first-class front of house facilities combined with elegant architectural features.