Peckham Rye gives Vista’s 2014 menu a makeoverCentral London’s largest rooftop bar, which offers spectacular views over Trafalgar Square, re-opened for the alfresco season on 7 April 2014. This summer, Vista has partnered with London’s fashion forward accessory brand Peckham Rye to design a menu that matches classic British tailoring and wardrobe items with cocktails, beverages and dishes, celebrating London in style.
The new look menu has been divided into a total of 11 accessories and tailored items such as the Bow Tie, Cravat and the Three Piece Suit, influenced by the elegant collection available from the Victorian London tailoring family, Peckham Rye, established in 1799. To complete the fashionable experience at Vista this summer, the brand has also re-designed Vista’s uniforms for this season, with the introduction of a new bespoke tie and neck scarf.
For drinkers looking for opulence, the menu’s Top Hat section hosts the finest selection of Champagne and Champagne cocktails, such as French 75, which blends Premium Gin, fresh lemon juice and sugar with a glass of fizz, priced at £28.
Guests wishing to taste Vista’s signature cocktails can choose from the Bow Tie selection of bold and refreshing tipples, an Oxford Tie beverage which is a classic, refined coupe, or groups of friends with impeccable taste can share a Three Piece Suit. Individual cocktails are priced from £12 with sharing beverages from £35, including:
• Bliss Garden – Light Polish herb-flavoured vodka, mixed with fresh lemon juice, sugar syrup, lemon thyme and finished with Jerry Thomas Bitters
• Von Teese – Indulgent mix of sake, Krupnik honey & herbs liqueur, fresh lime juice, and passion fruit syrup
• Guyana Old Fashioned – With a twist on an old classic, South American El Dorado 15yrs rum is blended with Velvet Falernum, plus orange and mandarin bitters
• Sparkling Sangria – This celebration sharing cocktail serves sparkling wine with Grand Marnier and fruit
• Seasonal Suit – A new sharing cocktail will be launched each month, bursting with seasonal fruit, designed by Vista’s head mixologist
Food For Thought brings together Vista’s revitalised food menu with the introduction of a create your own burger option, new sharing platters and light bites.
• Create your own burger – Guests can choose from five patties including spicy lamb, jerk chicken with lemon, beef and caramelised red onion, wild boar with chorizo and Portobello mushroom with piccolo peppers and halloumi cheese. The patty can then be partnered with one of three types of bread and sauce. Priced from £12.
• Sharing is Caring – A selection of four sharing dishes are available from the traditional Greek, Spanish, Italian Antipasti to The Highlands, which celebrates the best of Scottish produce. Priced from £17.
The new food menu is available from 12 p.m. – 10 p.m. daily, with cocktails served from 12 p.m. onwards. Situated in the heart of London overlooking Trafalgar Square, Vista offers stunning cityscape views of The London Eye, Big Ben, Nelson’s Column and the iconic St Martin-in-the Fields Church. Vista is also available for private hire, press junkets, photoshoots and filming.