- Show previews
- Media info
New Guy Ritchie movie filmed at RIBA Venues
- Category: Venues & Events
- Created on Thursday, 14 November 2013 15:51
RIBA Venues transformed into a film set this week for scenes from the new movie The Man From U.N.C.L.E.The Man From U.N.C.L.E is Guy Ritchie’s big-screen remake of the 60s TV spy caper and used RIBA Venues’ Jarvis Auditorium as a backdrop for the movie, which stars Hugh Grant, Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer and Alicia Vikander.
The Jarvis tiered auditorium is RIBA Venues’ largest meeting space, located on its lower ground floor, with a capacity for up to 400.
RIBA Venues’ Head of Venues, Stephanie Ellrott, said: “We were extremely excited to host Guy Ritchie’s team onsite filming the remake of a 60s spy classic.
“The design of RIBA Venues means we are a popular film and photoshoot location. Our grand entrance lobby, unique lifts, stunning staircases, grand art deco hall, stylish library, court room, boardrooms and three outdoor terraces with stunning views across London all provide great backdrops and have been the subject of a number of movies over the years.”
Filming for The Man From U.N.C.L.E began in September and shooting for the film will take place in locations across the UK, Rome and Naples.
More venue & events news
- Well Met, Well Fed, Well Rested - Smarter conferencing from a new brand identity for Well Met
- Las Vegas Mob Museum launches new collection of corporate packages including ‘Sleeping with the Mob’
- Food by Dish serve up event profs yoga breakfast at Banqueting House
- Record number of events for the CCIB in its10th anniversary year
- Chelsea Football Club activate new hospitality packages at Liverpool Street Station