The announcement follows the launch earlier this year of Travelport’s industry-first solution, offering airport express services to travel agencies through a plugin on its Travel Commerce Platform.
The plugin, which is accessible via the award-winning point of sale solution, Travelport Smartpoint, was first adopted by Heathrow Express and offers user friendly and seamless connectivity for agents booking airport express services, which operate frequent and fast rail services between an airport and local city.
In addition, the plugin:
• enables multiple airport express service providers connectivity through a single application
• enables on account payment by applying directly to Heathrow Express
• offers electronic ticketing where available
• automatically integrates PNR data
• supports GBP, EUR and USD currencies for Heathrow Express tickets.
Fraser Brown, Heathrow Express Director, said: “Travelport's airport express system has been helping us achieve our goal of seamless travel. As part of this, we are pleased that travel agency customers can maximise revenues via Travelport Smartpoint.”
Simon Ferguson, Managing Director for the UK, Ireland and the Nordics, commented: “We are delighted to be offering commission to our travel agency customers in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics when they book Heathrow Express services. At Travelport, we are committed to helping our customers drive revenue and growth for their business and this announcement is a key part of this.”