New version of the agency desktop extends transformative selling experience for agents to hotels and car rentalTravelport, a leading Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the $7 trillion global travel and tourism industry, has today added further new features to its industry-leading agency desktop technology, Travelport Smartpoint.
The latest version, introduced to travel agents from today, marks a step-change in Travelport’s hotel and car offering and means that agents can grow revenues by searching, selling and booking this travel content more effectively than ever before.
This new version marks the next step in Travelport Smartpoint’s continuing evolution. It extends to hotels and car rental the transformative selling experience for agents that made its debut with the recent global roll-out of Travelport’s industry-leading merchandising capabilities to airlines. Travelport Smartpoint now mirrors for travel agents the experience of consumers booking hotel and car rental online, by allowing them to access enhanced features including pictures, comparisons and maps, all within the same workflow.
Key benefits of the latest Travelport Smartpoint version include:
• The integration of hotel ratings and reviews from TripAdvisor directly onto the travel agents’ screen to help them deliver an improved customer experience by offering valuable advice and comparisons to travellers.
• Travelport Trip Quote, which lets travel agents generate customer quotes and email them directly from Travelport Smartpoint, thereby improving efficiency and productivity and giving customers clear information on which to make the travel choices that best suit their needs.
• Agent Alert, which reminds travel agents to consider hotel and car options when they book a flight for a customer with an overnight stay, offering suggestions to help drive additional revenues for the agency.
• New customer-driven enhancements, like improved PNR history to increase agent productivity and personalization to help build better long-term relationships with customers.
• More payment solutions that are particularly relevant when it comes to booking hotels, including pre-payment modifiers and single-use credit card payments from suppliers such as eNett.
This latest version of Travelport Smartpoint also continues to improve upselling and cross-selling opportunities through the integration of Travelport’s game-changing Rich Content and Branding merchandising solution for airlines. Over 80 airlines (including most recently United Airlines), have now signed up, providing travel agents with the opportunity to compare and sell airlines’ products and services more easily and effectively, better understand the airline’s offering and increase revenues by selling additional services such as paid seats, extra bags, special meals and on-board Wi-Fi.
Jason Clarke, Travelport’s Managing Director of Global Sales commented: “Travelport Smartpoint is already helping to grow our customers’ businesses. Faster workflows and improved functionality means increased productivity and importantly, profitability and that’s what today’s announcement is all about. Travelport has combined the widest range of travel content with industry-leading technology to provide unparalleled merchandising opportunities, allowing travel agencies the chance to enhance their overall offering. By signing up to the latest version of Travelport Smartpoint agents are laying the path to future growth.”
The new version of Travelport Smartpoint will be introduced to travel agencies globally over the next few weeks.