Popular travel app expands to 80 new destinations abroad, opens international summer hot spots and shares summer travel tipsHotelTonight, the leading last minute hotel app, today further expands its extensive portfolio of hotels with 80 new destinations across Europe. With these recently added cities, HotelTonight is now live in 130 cities overseas, totalling more than 450 destinations worldwide. This announcement comes on the heels of HotelTonight’s 2nd anniversary in Europe.
Since HotelTonight’s international launch in the summer of 2012, HotelTonight has rapidly expanded into 18 countries in Europe and 27 countries worldwide. The app has been downloaded more than 2.5 million times in Europe and experienced a 554% year over year growth in European bookings.
Over the last year alone, HotelTonight has more than doubled its presence on the European continent, further fulfilling its goal to be ubiquitous and ensuring that anyone, anywhere can book a last-minute hotel.
As part of this recent expansion, HotelTonight has added a number of summer travel hotspots, including the French Riviera, the Amalfi Coast and Tenerife as well as 23 new destinations across the United Kingdom with new picks including Bournemouth, Reading, Belfast, Aberdeen, Derby, York, Cardiff, Dover, Newcastle upon Tyne and Inverness.
HotelTonight also released insider travel tips and cost-saving recommendations to help its users get the best travel deals this summer. More specifically:
• The top 5 predicted most popular destinations for August in Europe are London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin and Barcelona.
• For those looking for a great city scape and a good deal, Turin, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Copenhagen and Milan will all have great last minute discounts greater than 30%
• Beach seekers should head to Barcelona, Marseille, Sorrento, Costa del Sol, and Brighton to enjoy the best seaside deals.
• Prices in Geneva, Stockholm, Zurich, the French Riviera will be steep – head elsewhere for a last minute holiday that won’t break the bank.
• Sundays have lower rates than any other day of the week, take a Monday off work and enjoy a last minute hotel stay at more than 20% off compared to other days of the week.
To celebrate its second year anniversary and the launch of these new markets, HotelTonight is offering £25 back in credits on any one booking made in Europe during the month of August. This promotion is valid for first time users of the app, credits will be awarded on September 1st 2014.
Sam Shank, CEO, HotelTonight says, “We are very excited to see how quickly Europeans have taken to HotelTonight and we couldn’t be happier with our experience so far. Due to the great hotel partners we have found here, the enthusiasm of European consumers and most of all the hard work of our European team, HotelTonight’s European presence now stretches from Ireland to Turkey and nearly everywhere in between - and we will not stop until we cover the rest of the continent. This is only the beginning for HotelTonight’s success in Europe and I can’t wait to see what the next few years will bring.”
HotelTonight is available for free on iOS, Android and Windows devices.