In addition to bespoke technology sessions in the healthcare, PA, corporate, agency and association streams, The Meetings Show’s education programme will feature an entire stream dedicated to the use of technology in events. The technology programme has been created in partnership with Maarten Vanneste from The Meetings Design Institute.
“Our busiest and highest rated sessions throughout the whole of the 2014 programme were those related to technology,” comments The Meetings Show’s Event Director, Steve Knight. “Meetings and event organisers are bombarded with opportunities to improve their events through the use of the latest technology. Our sessions assess the importance, value and benefit of such technologies and how best they can be integrated into successful events.”
Once again The Meetings Show is reacting to the needs of the industry through such focused content; basing education content on post show feedback, anecdotal evidence – even click through rates on regular newsletters all of which highlight the importance of technology.”
The technology stream includes the following sessions:
· 24/7: technology innovations for meetings and events - Technology is moving fast, change is everywhere; today it’s hot, and tomorrow it’s not. 24/7 is a high-speed, educational session built around specialised technology topics. For 24 minutes you join your preferred table and discuss 7 hot topics before moving on.
· 7 wearable technologies for meetings - On our wrist, on our pocket and even on our head, wearable technology is becoming a serious part of daily life. But does it play a role in meetings and events?
· Beacons & Geo-location: shedding light on participant behaviour - iBeacons, RFID, face recognition and other tracking and tracing technology. What is possible and when and why does it make sense to use it at a meeting?
· HYBRID: Technology to capture content - Capturing the content of a meeting is becoming a must. If you haven’t done it, you are missing out on a massive opportunity. What’s changed over the past few years and what are the latest trends and solutions to consider.
· Activating your online community - Are we more community leaders than meeting planners? Is social media reaching a tipping point? How do you get your online participants involved? Using the FRESH conference as a case study we explore this ever changing landscape.
· The Tower of e-Bible - And they said, go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. A therapeutic workshop for people that feel they are technologically overstretched, cognitively challenged, and socially stressed.
Maarten Vanneste, from The Meetings Design Institute said: “Technology evolves fast, new possibilities emerge and new technologies are examined ever more closely. To be able to innovate effectively it is always good to get The Meetings Show update.”
Organised by Centaur Live Media, The Meetings Show is the premier event for the UK inbound and outbound meetings industry, taking place 7-9 July 2015 at Olympia, London. Organised by meeting professionals for meeting professionals it is focused around a large exhibition, networking opportunities and professional education.