- Show previews
- Media info
IT&CMA show is staged in an unrivalled venue in Bangkok
- Category: Show
- Created on Friday, 26 October 2012 10:51
Sydney Paulden reports on ITCM’s participationITCM was a media affiliate of its near-namesake IT&CMA Exhibition held in Bangkok in October. The message we bring back is: ‘Go there next year if you can, either as an exhibitor or delegate. It is a totally worthwhile experience’.
It was the 20th time the annual exhibition had been held and it was in conjunction with the 15th CTW, the Corporate Travel World event.
Joint hosts with TTG Asia were TCEB, the Thai Convention and Exhibition Bureau and the event also attracted senior speakers and participants from many parts of South East Asia.
The venue contributed massively to the show’s success. ITCM stayed in the Centara Grand Hotel that is part of the CentralWorld complex. Integral with it is the Bangkok Convention Centre. This is a world-class facility with a pillarless Convention Hall that can seat more than 5,000 delegates. There are 15 separate Lotus Suites able to cater for from 10 to 55 people, excellent for admin rooms, break-out committees, seminars and so on.
The whole CentralWorld complex is located in the heart of Bangkok and is a favourite with the local population because it also houses one of the world’s largest and most prestigious shopping plazas. Tourists and locals alike throng floors lined with designer label shops. Its f&b facilities include halls where over 100 stylishly themed restaurants and cafés offer cuisines from all over the world – at remarkably reasonable prices.
TTG Asia has proclaimed the latest double-bill event as a major success, with 2,579 delegates from 57 countries, 325 exhibiting organisations, 497 international and local buyers from 52 countries, representatives of 132 media from 32 countries.
The Centara Grand Hotel CentralWorld was naturally the most convenient hotel, forming an integral part of the complex. The Convention Centre was simply a lift ride away.
More show news
- Simerjeet Singh headlines IBTM India Forum in Chennai
- Egencia previews the new Egencia TripNavigator App for iPad at GBTA
- HRG InsightTM unveils new user benefits at ‘Business in Motion’ GBTA Convention 2014, July 26-30, Los Angeles, California
- Egencia continues its global platform investment with new personalised search technology
- HRG technology portfolio on display at the ‘Business in Motion’ GBTA Convention 2014 July 26-30, Los Angeles, California