The £750,000 development will offer a versatile events space in the heart of Scotland, suitable for conferences, product launches and team-building activities, and complementing the hotel’s existing 15 function rooms. It will also be home to four indoor tennis courts, offering a variety of lessons, coaching programmes, and corporate activities.
Bernard Murphy, Gleneagles’ Managing Director, commented:
“We hope this new development will help us build on the success of last year’s Ryder Cup to bring even more diverse and exciting events to Gleneagles.”
“The Arena has fantastic potential as a venue for large-scale events. We’ve already had a lot of interest from event planners for everything from corporate celebrations, to exhibitions, to concerts. It’s such a large space that it provides a great blank canvas for organisers to create something really ambitious.
“On the tennis side of things, we already have some exciting events planned, and we hope that we’ll attract more interest from corporate groups who wish to host their own tournaments and exhibition matches in the Arena”
Groups will be able to hire the Arena for both residential and non-residential events, with capacity for up to 2,250 guests.
Key features include:
- Car parking for 500 vehicles
- 650 viewing seats, with capacity for additional seating to be brought in
- Usable floor space of 2,500 square metres
- Combined reception and retail area
- Loading bay access doors
- 63 integrated hanging points tested to 500kg
- 200A power supply with MCCB panel with a variety of sockets
- Complimentary parking facilities for 500
- LED house lights and oil-fired heating