- Show previews
- Media info
VisitScotland targets £4m post 'Covening Leaders' business
- Category: Scotland
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:20
The exhibition, attended by over 3,800 global meetings professionals, included some of the biggest spenders in the international meetings industry and was attended by VisitScotland as the organisation looks to grow its influence in the global events market.
“Scotland was a leading voice and had a highly visible presence at the convention,” comments Kerry Watson, Marketing Manager, Associations. “We had some excellent meetings with senior buyers with a genuine appetite for Scotland, if we convert the excellent leads we generated in the US we’re looking at a £4m injection into the Scottish business tourism industry.”
“The business we’re looking at is predominantly association but ranging from the highlands and right across the country,” concluded Watson.
VisitScotland recently hosted the first PCMA Global Corporate Summit as part of its on-going relationship with the respected association.
Latest Scotland news
- Lanarkshire leading the way in tourism standards
- Dawn of a new MICE age
- AECC to host four major international conferences
- Following a £21m investment, Village Urban Resorts opens its doors for the first time on Scottish soil
- SECC partners with Smyle and Visit/Event Scotland for Ryder Cup 2014
- Gleneagles unveils ambitious plans for new arena
- Aberdeen to host global intelligent energy conference and exhibition in 2016