VisitScotland targets £4m post 'Covening Leaders' business
- Category: Scotland
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:20
The exhibition, attended by over 3,800 global meetings professionals, included some of the biggest spenders in the international meetings industry and was attended by VisitScotland as the organisation looks to grow its influence in the global events market.
“Scotland was a leading voice and had a highly visible presence at the convention,” comments Kerry Watson, Marketing Manager, Associations. “We had some excellent meetings with senior buyers with a genuine appetite for Scotland, if we convert the excellent leads we generated in the US we’re looking at a £4m injection into the Scottish business tourism industry.”
“The business we’re looking at is predominantly association but ranging from the highlands and right across the country,” concluded Watson.
VisitScotland recently hosted the first PCMA Global Corporate Summit as part of its on-going relationship with the respected association.
Latest Scotland news
- AECC seeks new sponsor for iconic Northern Lights Tower
- Conference business is booming in Aberdeen
- Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa hosts unveiling of Spitfire memorial
- AECC gears up to welcome the 10th annual DEVEX Conference
- Wheeling and dealing in the Highlands
- Edinburgh 'meets' international demand
- Unusual private dining rooms in Edinburgh