- Show previews
- Media info
VisitScotland targets £4m post 'Covening Leaders' business
- Category: Scotland
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:20
The exhibition, attended by over 3,800 global meetings professionals, included some of the biggest spenders in the international meetings industry and was attended by VisitScotland as the organisation looks to grow its influence in the global events market.
“Scotland was a leading voice and had a highly visible presence at the convention,” comments Kerry Watson, Marketing Manager, Associations. “We had some excellent meetings with senior buyers with a genuine appetite for Scotland, if we convert the excellent leads we generated in the US we’re looking at a £4m injection into the Scottish business tourism industry.”
“The business we’re looking at is predominantly association but ranging from the highlands and right across the country,” concluded Watson.
VisitScotland recently hosted the first PCMA Global Corporate Summit as part of its on-going relationship with the respected association.
Latest Scotland news
- Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course confirms major tie up with Albert Roux and Inverlochy Management Group
- New £600K Aviemore Activity Centre
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel selected to host unique Ryder Cup art collection
- Three Glens in Moniaive wins Sawday’s B&B Award for Favourite Newcomers
- VisitScotland led initiative highlights £8.4bn investment in Scotland’s vital visitor economy
- Millionaire Minds bring millions to Edinburgh’s economy
- Wright and Malherbe tee off at Hill of Tarvit Mansion