- Show previews
- Media info
VisitScotland targets £4m post 'Covening Leaders' business
- Category: Scotland
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:20
The exhibition, attended by over 3,800 global meetings professionals, included some of the biggest spenders in the international meetings industry and was attended by VisitScotland as the organisation looks to grow its influence in the global events market.
“Scotland was a leading voice and had a highly visible presence at the convention,” comments Kerry Watson, Marketing Manager, Associations. “We had some excellent meetings with senior buyers with a genuine appetite for Scotland, if we convert the excellent leads we generated in the US we’re looking at a £4m injection into the Scottish business tourism industry.”
“The business we’re looking at is predominantly association but ranging from the highlands and right across the country,” concluded Watson.
VisitScotland recently hosted the first PCMA Global Corporate Summit as part of its on-going relationship with the respected association.
Latest Scotland news
- Revel in the era of decadence with The Gleneagles Roaring Twenties Package
- AECC host SCDI Dinner
- EICC to host Scottish Events and Festivals Association business tourism briefing
- Conference wins generate bring a £90m economic boost to Edinburgh
- Stornoway conference to generate up to £350,000 for local economy
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel unveils £2 million investment programme
- Inverness the natural choice for £500k conference