- Show previews
- Media info
VisitScotland targets £4m post 'Covening Leaders' business
- Category: Scotland
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:20
The exhibition, attended by over 3,800 global meetings professionals, included some of the biggest spenders in the international meetings industry and was attended by VisitScotland as the organisation looks to grow its influence in the global events market.
“Scotland was a leading voice and had a highly visible presence at the convention,” comments Kerry Watson, Marketing Manager, Associations. “We had some excellent meetings with senior buyers with a genuine appetite for Scotland, if we convert the excellent leads we generated in the US we’re looking at a £4m injection into the Scottish business tourism industry.”
“The business we’re looking at is predominantly association but ranging from the highlands and right across the country,” concluded Watson.
VisitScotland recently hosted the first PCMA Global Corporate Summit as part of its on-going relationship with the respected association.
Latest Scotland news
- Fairmont St Andrews' two courses both make cut in Scotland's top 100
- Atholl Palace Hotel unveils new look spa following £70k investment
- New tourism initiative launched at Edinburgh Tourism Showcase
- Edinburgh PA Networking Group continues to grow
- Old Town Chambers expanded to become the biggest collection of five-star serviced apartments in Edinburgh
- Life Sciences hub of national significance opens in Inverness
- Atholl Palace Hotel tees off new luxury golf package