- Show previews
- Media info
VisitScotland targets £4m post 'Covening Leaders' business
- Category: Scotland
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:20
The exhibition, attended by over 3,800 global meetings professionals, included some of the biggest spenders in the international meetings industry and was attended by VisitScotland as the organisation looks to grow its influence in the global events market.
“Scotland was a leading voice and had a highly visible presence at the convention,” comments Kerry Watson, Marketing Manager, Associations. “We had some excellent meetings with senior buyers with a genuine appetite for Scotland, if we convert the excellent leads we generated in the US we’re looking at a £4m injection into the Scottish business tourism industry.”
“The business we’re looking at is predominantly association but ranging from the highlands and right across the country,” concluded Watson.
VisitScotland recently hosted the first PCMA Global Corporate Summit as part of its on-going relationship with the respected association.
Latest Scotland news
- Global Ethical Finance Forum all set as landmark platform to forge future of responsible investments industry
- Celebrating 40 years on Loch Ness with 10% increase in visitors
- Single malt whisky distilling returns to Edinburgh after a 90 year absence
- Taste of Scotland at the Beardmore
- National Trust for Scotland goes for venue hire growth
- Golf drives demand for Edinburgh hotels
- Flying Scotsmen’ welcome £1m tourism investment for Loch Ness