- Show previews
- Media info
VisitScotland targets £4m post 'Covening Leaders' business
- Category: Scotland
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:20
The exhibition, attended by over 3,800 global meetings professionals, included some of the biggest spenders in the international meetings industry and was attended by VisitScotland as the organisation looks to grow its influence in the global events market.
“Scotland was a leading voice and had a highly visible presence at the convention,” comments Kerry Watson, Marketing Manager, Associations. “We had some excellent meetings with senior buyers with a genuine appetite for Scotland, if we convert the excellent leads we generated in the US we’re looking at a £4m injection into the Scottish business tourism industry.”
“The business we’re looking at is predominantly association but ranging from the highlands and right across the country,” concluded Watson.
VisitScotland recently hosted the first PCMA Global Corporate Summit as part of its on-going relationship with the respected association.
Latest Scotland news
- EICC is first Scottish business and one of Europe’s first organisations to gain international Quality and Environmental Standards
- Kelso women shoot to thrill at shooting school
- Sodexo Prestige unveils hospitality & event packages at Culzean Castle with weekend of food & history
- EICC CEO targets US market with North America partnership deal to drive growth
- Princes Street Suites unveils new look after £350,000 refurbishment
- £12m investment transforms the Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh
- New report positions Glasgow among world’s conferencing elite