Directline Holidays appoints Gareth Scurlock as Head of Content
- Category: Appointments
- Created on Monday, 24 September 2012 10:55
From 1999 to 2010 Gareth worked as an editor for Times Online, the website of The Times and The Sunday Times newspapers. From 2004 to 2010 he expanded the website’s travel channel offering and increased its readership while Deputy Travel Editor.
Last year Gareth worked for new media agency Digital Jigsaw writing a mobile app travel guide for Havana Club Rum, and earlier this year worked as a Content Manager at SapientNitro, producing the weekly email sent to BSkyB subscribers.
Prior to working for The Times, Gareth completed a BA in English Literature at the University of Wales, Cardiff, and a MSc in Electronic Publishing at City University in London. He also worked as editorial assistant at NME.com, where he created the music publication’s first summer festival website.
Commenting on the appointment Maria Whiteman, CEO of Directline Holidays said: "We are very pleased to welcome Gareth. His wealth of experience in creating great quality and shareable content will be invaluable to our business.”
More appointment news
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort appoints Wilkerson and Keyser to strengthen Business Development Team
- Viceroy Hotel Group makes three key sales and marketing appointments
- Brownsword Hotels announces GM moves across The Gidleigh Collection
- Team additions on land and at sea for Alila Hotels & Resorts
- Milton Segarra-Pancorbo appointed Puerto Rico Convention Bureau President & CEO