ONYX Hospitality Group appoints Damian Ball as General Manager of Amari Doha, Qatar
- Category: Appointments
- Created on Monday, 09 July 2012 11:20
An Australian native graduate in Tourism & Hospitality, Mr. Ball has an extensive background in the hospitality Industry, spanning 18 years of experience in the Asia-Pacific region. Having started his career in Front Office, he has since held various management and general management positions at different international resorts/hotels, including Australia, Philippines and the Maldives.
In his new role, Mr. Ball will take overall responsibility for the smooth operations of the 120-room hotel and ensure that this new development will fully deliver on customer and business expectations. His expertise and range of operational experience will further support the inaugural positioning of the Amari brand in the Middle East region.
Signalling the group’s foray into the Middle East market with the Amari brand, the 120-room hotel is scheduled to launch in the fourth quarter of 2012. Amari Doha, Qatar is ideally located just 15 minutes from Doha International Airport and boasts a prime position for exploring Doha’s historic and cultural sites. In addition to a selection of dining options, guests seeking the ultimate in relaxation will be able to indulge in body treatments at Breeze Spa which, in addition to fun and easy treatments, will also feature a Jacuzzi and a Vichy shower room.
More appointment news
- New Head Chef appointed at Hilton Dunkeld House
- Martin Boyle joins BESydney as Client Relationship Manager UK/Europe
- Hotel Métropole Monte-Carlo welcomes Claudia Venturini as Director of Sales & Marketing
- Ampersand appoints Kate Gibson as Sales Manager at ZSL London Zoo
- New hire for corporate events team at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa in the North West