Ignasi de Delás (Barcelona) was re-elected as the Association's President for a duration of 2 years. The General Assembly also appointed Bettina Bunge (Dresden) as Vice-President dedicated to the Meetings Industry and Philippe Vignon (Geneva) as Treasurer.
The newly elected board members are as follows: Özgul Özkan Yavuz (Istanbul), Petra Stusek (Ljubljana), Bente Bratland Holm (Oslo) and Nora Dolanská (Prague).
Dieter Hardt-Stremayr pursues his role as Vice-President dedicated to Tourism. Eduard-Pieter Oud (Amsterdam), Gerry Lennon (Belfast), Pier Paolo Mariotti (Bolzano), Erwin Van de Wiele (Ghent), François Gaillard (Lyon) and Goran Pavlović (Opatija) continue their mandates as ECM Board Members.
Current ECM Board:
• Ignasi de Delàs, President (Deputy general manager, Turisme de Barcelona)
• Bettina Bunge, Vice-President for Meeting Industry (Managing director, Dresden Marketing GmbH)
• Dieter Hardt-Stremayr, Vice-President (Managing Director, Graz Tourist Office)
• Philippe Vignon, Treasurer (General Manager, Genève Tourisme & Congrès)
• Eduard-Pieter Oud (COO, Amsterdam Marketing)
• Gerry Lennon (CEO, Visit Belfast)
• Pier Paolo Mariotti (Meeting Manager, EURAC Convention Centre Bolzano)
• Erwin Van de Wiele (CEO, Ghent Tourist Office)
• Özgul Özkan Yavuz (General Manager, Istanbul Convention & Visitors Bureau)
• Petra Stusek (CEO, Ljubljana Tourism)
• François Gaillard (CEO, Lyon Tourism and Conventions)
• Goran Pavlović (Head, Opatija Convention and Incentive Bureau)
• Bente Bratland Holm (CEO, VisitOSLO)
• Nora Dolanská (CEO, Prague City Tourism)
"This role is a great honour and a privilege; I am delighted that members renewed their confidence by re-electing me as President. Main challenges for our new Board is to keep on adapting the association to the needs of its members. Our first initiative is to create and develop new Knowledge Groups (City Marketing, Digital Destinations ed) as well as partnering with other associations to keep strengthening the importance of city tourism in Europe." said freshly re-elected ECM President, Ignasi de Delàs.
About her election, Bettina Bunge new ECM Vice-President for Meetings Industry said "I am very thrilled to be the new Vice-President for Meeting Industry of ECM. I will do my best to represent ECM in the Meetings Industry sector and serve the interests of European Convention Bureaux (benchmarking, business opportunities, education, networking...). To me, European Cities Marketing is like a family where members from different backgrounds meet and share about their successes and failures. Sharing is what makes the ECM family grow."